• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Todays Sentinel - manager's shortlist

llcoolj

Has anyone seen this hilarious article about the EGM?

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Port-Vale-Board-considering-strategy-fight-EGM-challenge/article-3505494-detail/article.html

Bratt says that they were always going to call an EGM anyway, they're going to add a few motions of their own, and that Mudie wasn't forced into resigning because two investors were waiting in the wings to sponsor him.

Oh yes. The board would have called an EGM in 2-3 weeks-months-probably years!

Advert:

Advert:

Boothroyd - no chance under V2001.

Coleman - as if he is going to abandon Accrington's play-off campaign to come and talk to us. The abuse dished out to Gannon at their place has probably put him off for life anyway and we all know we couldn't afford to give Stanley compensation.

Bratt's claims aside, we're left with the people who've actually applied and the only name from that list I'd like to see given a chance is Simon Davey.

I'm surprised that Alex ferguson, Jose Mouriniho and Fabio Capello haven't applied Bratty! That would have helped season ticket sales no end!

Seriously though, I like Robbie Earle's idea of Bothroyd as manager, Ainsworth as his number 2.

However, given that an EGM is coming up, the board should not even be thinking about any of this!

Coleman has been told to clear off twice per earlier threads, Boothroyd was down here a few weeks ago watching us and Bury and maybe interested and Rosler is in the frame for the Bury job, but won't get it.

I conna believe this lot will make all of these appointments whilst everything is going on.

Advert:

Under normal circumstances, these two would be very very good shouts at taking the Managers job.

How can they surely afford a Manager like Aidy Bothroyd though with the massive number of fans that will not renew Season Tickets..

Coleman would be great, but he would need to bring in 7 players to get the way he likes to play if he was to have any joy with this Club... And we have no money.

Bratt is cracking up im sure of it.

Isn't it also last day for cheap season tickets?:unsure:,if so quite a clever move really,throw in some decent names to get people to buy up.

Spot on,a crafty move from the 'Jackson 5' but don't fall for it.They can't afford two of the three mentioned and if they could I doubt whether they would drop down to League Two level.Coleman though is a good shout.

Typical tactics from our board.

Advert:

Bearing in mind that Boothroyd and Coleman are two of the names most heavily touted on this message board in the last few months, I'm delighted to see that the Board are finally listening to the fans! What surpises me, however, is that if the Board think Coleman is a good choice, why have they knocked him him twice already when he applied for the job and why didn't they appoint him in January when he was touted on here and would have at least got us in the play-offs?

With regard to the EGM - if the Board was going to call one anyway (which they said they would do within 5 weeks of the AGM) - why have they waited until NLV have forced their hand? According to waht Mr Bratt said at the AGM it should have been called by the end of January at the latest.

And finally, is it only me that sees the total irony in these two quotes from Mr Bratt in the Sentinel:

(with regard to today's game) "We're not going because our security staff, who liaise with the police, say it would help defuse the situation if we weren't there."

(with regard to the EMG) "At the end of the day we want what's best for Port Vale, so if the majority of shareholders feel they want the current directors off the board then we will go."

Archived