onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Todays Sentinel - manager's shortlist

llcoolj

Advert

Under normal circumstances, these two would be very very good shouts at taking the Managers job.

How can they surely afford a Manager like Aidy Bothroyd though with the massive number of fans that will not renew Season Tickets..

Coleman would be great, but he would need to bring in 7 players to get the way he likes to play if he was to have any joy with this Club... And we have no money.

Bratt is cracking up im sure of it.

Isn't it also last day for cheap season tickets?:unsure:,if so quite a clever move really,throw in some decent names to get people to buy up.

Spot on,a crafty move from the 'Jackson 5' but don't fall for it.They can't afford two of the three mentioned and if they could I doubt whether they would drop down to League Two level.Coleman though is a good shout.

Typical tactics from our board.

Bearing in mind that Boothroyd and Coleman are two of the names most heavily touted on this message board in the last few months, I'm delighted to see that the Board are finally listening to the fans! What surpises me, however, is that if the Board think Coleman is a good choice, why have they knocked him him twice already when he applied for the job and why didn't they appoint him in January when he was touted on here and would have at least got us in the play-offs?

With regard to the EGM - if the Board was going to call one anyway (which they said they would do within 5 weeks of the AGM) - why have they waited until NLV have forced their hand? According to waht Mr Bratt said at the AGM it should have been called by the end of January at the latest.

And finally, is it only me that sees the total irony in these two quotes from Mr Bratt in the Sentinel:

(with regard to today's game) "We're not going because our security staff, who liaise with the police, say it would help defuse the situation if we weren't there."

(with regard to the EMG) "At the end of the day we want what's best for Port Vale, so if the majority of shareholders feel they want the current directors off the board then we will go."

Bearing in mind that Boothroyd and Coleman are two of the names most heavily touted on this message board in the last few months, I'm delighted to see that the Board are finally listening to the fans! What surpises me, however, is that if the Board think Coleman is a good choice, why have they knocked him him twice already when he applied for the job and why didn't they appoint him in January when he was touted on here and would have at least got us in the play-offs?

With regard to the EGM - if the Board was going to call one anyway (which they said they would do within 5 weeks of the AGM) - why have they waited until NLV have forced their hand? According to waht Mr Bratt said at the AGM it should have been called by the end of January at the latest.

And finally, is it only me that sees the total irony in these two quotes from Mr Bratt in the Sentinel:

(with regard to today's game) "We're not going because our security staff, who liaise with the police, say it would help defuse the situation if we weren't there."

(with regard to the EMG) "At the end of the day we want what's best for Port Vale, so if the majority of shareholders feel they want the current directors off the board then we will go."

If the majority of shareholders want the current directors off the board then surely one vote per shareholder at the EGM would be the best way to determine that.

Over 50 applicants, he needs to resurrect his career as MA did, working with a board that lets you manage and a club with championship facilities! I'm sure MA would recommend Vale to Aidy so it'll be a no-brainer.

brains and the board do not go well together

Dear All,

I read the board's press release with interest.

No response to the revised bid; Mark Sims cold shouldered again; No news of the EGM date being set; Season tickets sales significantly down; Protest march with a coffin; No directors present at the game today; No promotion; Players contracts and futures unresolved - the club seems to be in meltdown - BUT a "business as usual" response from the board and a "head in the sand" attitude to all that is going on around them. Astonishing.

No manager in his right mind is going to take this job with an EGM imminent and the prospect of a take over - and indeed why would a manager step in with 2 games to go and so much uncertainty.

As for the names on the shortlist all I can say is football is a small world to those who work in it and word is out as to the imminent takeover.

The board should be making better use of their time sorting out the EGM rather than trying to win some last minute season ticket sales with a blatant PR stunt throwing managerial names out there.

The Directors of a football club should be at every game fulfilling their responsibilities come what may. This board seem all too willing to excuse themselves. You may recollect Peter Coates attended the many Stoke games when the fans were shouting for his head and carrying a coffin to the ground as he understood the responsibilities that came with his position, irrespective of the discontent amongst the fans at the time.

Thank you for your on-going support.

Regards

Archived