onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Todays Sentinel - manager's shortlist

llcoolj

So did Micky Adams. Vale should be considering our future NOW never mind interviewing new Managers.

But dont for get it's "head in the sand, ignoring all thats going on around us" syndrome they are suffering.

Would'nt surprise me in the slightest if they appointed a new manager, just like the CEO that should of waited until the club was sold.

Typcial really. :rolleyes:

Advert

It appears the board dont appear to be moving, they've drawn up a shortlist of managerial candidates including Ady Boothroyd, John Coleman and Uwe Rossler. Thoughts anyone?===

They have also told us a few times that that they are in investment talks with other genuine consortiums.One of which was willing to invest a similar amount to that of Mike Newton but with the money up front.

I take it that non of those named potential managers have noted how short of cash the club,how annoyed supporters are,and protesting,not buying season ticket's.

I just think it is highly irresponsible to interview anyone for the managerial job before calling an EGM and sorting the ownership and investment out first. The board know that they have got to call an EGM. Why not call it now so that we can sort out a manager and next season sooner rather than later. Or are they just going to ignore calling an EGM and try and carry on as if nothing is happening? I personally think they will ignore it and an EGM will have to be called in their absence. When are they going to start running this club professionally and in the best interests of Port Vale and not themselves.

Isn't it also last day for cheap season tickets?:unsure:,if so quite a clever move really,throw in some decent names to get people to buy up.

Yes, and because the board think that all people from Stoke-on-Trent are thick, (i am an air traffic controller by trade but can't get a job doing it in civvy street), some of us are not taken as complete mugs, so it basically throws that argument out of the window. Are you hearing this Bill and cronies including Banbell / ValeonTrent ============

The calibre of manager we will be able to attract will be similar to last time and Jim Gannon had the best credentials apart from McGhee. It will be the same this time with some rotation because new people have been sacked. Ronnie Moore is available? Some potential managers will be tied up even if sacked because their contract will be getting paid up. They would have to give counter notice to their current employer and forfeit any further pay and so Port Vale would have to make a good offer to attract them.

I think the board have to take action about the manager position. Someone has to be in place to handle the release of current players and signing of current / new players for next season. I also think that sets a boundary on who can be appointed. Uwe Rosler cannot possibly have a good working knowledge of leagues 1 and 2 in order to bring in new players. I would give the roles to Grewy and the Horse and give them a chance. Thats a gamble but as we saw with Gannon - coaching badges, promotion record and all - so is any appointment.

The calibre of manager we will be able to attract will be similar to last time and Jim Gannon had the best credentials apart from McGhee. It will be the same this time with some rotation because new people have been sacked. Ronnie Moore is available? Some potential managers will be tied up even if sacked because their contract will be getting paid up. They would have to give counter notice to their current employer and forfeit any further pay and so Port Vale would have to make a good offer to attract them.

I think the board have to take action about the manager position. Someone has to be in place to handle the release of current players and signing of current / new players for next season. I also think that sets a boundary on who can be appointed. Uwe Rosler cannot possibly have a good working knowledge of leagues 1 and 2 in order to bring in new players. I would give the roles to Grewy and the Horse and give them a chance. Thats a gamble but as we saw with Gannon - coaching badges, promotion record and all - so is any appointment.

Grewy has already accepted that he will NOT be the Manager so whats the point. If we can keep him on the Staff in some capacity all well and good.....But that is entirely up to the new Manager.

They must think we have fell of a xmas tree shortlist of three i would not trust these with a weekly shopping list at tesco.Why not go for it keep grewey in charge wait for fergie to retire and then offer him a part time appointment to make his pension up.They have completly lost the plot they need to go now hope the march goes well i am at work but will be thinking of you all stand up and be counted and we will get rid eventually.

A little bird has told me that any 'potencial' new Manager IS going to be made aware of our plight in fact this person will go out of his way to let any potentials know our situation.

That's ok - let them dig deep from their own pockets - install Aidy or John, Mo has a word, confirms his job will be secure should he takeover and the Board actually leave us with a decent manager and not some numpty on a 2 yr deal. Bobs ur uncle, fannys your Aunt, season tickets all round in August.

John Coleman would be a good choice, but he would have to bring in 6 or 7 players if he wanted to play the quick passing game that he's having so much joy with at the moment with Accrington Staney. This current crop can't pass water as we all know.

Aidy Bothroyd, is a big name Manager who would also be fine with me.

What this proves is that the Board are going nowhere and will never let Mo Chaudry in.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Port-Vale-Boothroyd-Coleman-early-targets-Vale-managers-job/article-3505895-detail/article.html

BILL Bratt confirmed that no members of the club's five-man board will attended Vale's final home match of the season against Morecambe today (3pm).

With anti-board protests planned for before and after the match, Bratt said: "We're not going because our security staff, who liaise with the police, say it would help defuse the situation if we weren't there."

COWARDS...........

And Robbie Earl reckons.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Robbie-Earle-Boothroyd-Ainsworth-Vale-management-dream-team/article-3506790-detail/article.html

Archived