onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are people genuinely happy with the season ticket prices?

Mattholl

But with a £30 loyalty card you would have to attend 15 games to break even, better to buy a ST.

Yeah purely from games but it would have a higher value if you included a season ticket status with it, whereby you weren't left waiting for tickets going on general sale and risk not getting them.

As I say, I just want a bit of consideration because I've been a fan my whole life, had Season tickets all my life, bought shirts all my life, gone away games, had shares etc etc. I also have to use holidays from work to get to most games, especially weekend games, and all of that added up, I am not happy having to pay £23 a game when I can go.

£20 was the ceiling for me in terms of being happy paying on the gate. Plus I think £23 a game sets a dangerous line for block ticket offers where they'll probably only knock the £6 off for two games.

Personally I couldn't take advantage of the two easter games offer either. That is why I was desperate for the club to issue 5-10 game season tickets reasonably priced (not expecting £13 a game like the full ST) but something that I could pay upfront for and not have to worry about faffing about in the week getting a ticket (if we have any more 10k+ gates)

As I say, I'm happy to supplement the lost money in other areas but as it stands it just feels like people in my situation are being forgotten.

Advert

What are people going to do if we get to the Championship ? Its too much at £25 ----

Being even more positive I wonder what they will say if we get to The Premiership - Its too much at £27.50

Tight as ducks buttocks some Vale Fans are.

Reading that RB,it looks like you'd be quite happy to see 60-70% of our fans penalised by increasing season ticket prices to a level where it compensates for loss of income on the gate.

Not at all, I don't believe that these match day prices offers the correct balance.

for an away fan who is in two minds whether or not to attend, £23 is not going to persuade them is it?

For a floating vale fan or a neutral who doesn't attend regularly, £23 is not going to persuade them either.

I don't buy the argument that £23 is the average league one cost so thats what we should be charging. I don't care what other clubs charge that is there choice.

I just feel that £23, prima facie, is too much to pay to get into Vale park.

On a side not, it's worth reiterating that I believe the ST offeres great value, and as I say, I'd buy one tomorrow if I could gurantee that I could make 14-15 home games.

I have a few points to make.

Prices will always be more expensive than some want to pay. That's life. The season tickets are good value and we are in Div 1 now.

There is a direct correlation between income and position in the league, so the higher the gate the better it is for everyone.

I'm able to manage so I'll have a ticket even if I can't get to every game. The money is for Port Vale FC and if I miss a few fixtures but the Club benefits, so be it.

A lot of fans (almost 1000) travel away regularly. How much do you have to stump up for 2-3 away trips, say, to places like

Torquay, Northampton and Cheltenham, just to pick three at random. Each one perhaps costs £50-70 with travel, food, tickets, programme, drinks, etc.

None of that benefits the Vale financially. So why not save up for a ticket and give the money to PVFC instead of spending hundreds on away trips?

The price is ok.

I wish folk would quit moaning and support the Club. Fair enough for the cash strapped, it is hard, I know that, but most folk can afford just over £300 for a season's football. You can't get a week's holiday for that and you could spend £100 easily enough on a good night out.

Dig deep. Support the Club if you can!

I have a few points to make.

Prices will always be more expensive than some want to pay. That's life. The season tickets are good value and we are in Div 1 now.

There is a direct correlation between income and position in the league, so the higher the gate the better it is for everyone.

I'm able to manage so I'll have a ticket even if I can't get to every game. The money is for Port Vale FC and if I miss a few fixtures but the Club benefits, so be it.

A lot of fans (almost 1000) travel away regularly. How much do you have to stump up for 2-3 away trips, say, to places like

Torquay, Northampton and Cheltenham, just to pick three at random. Each one perhaps costs £50-70 with travel, food, tickets, programme, drinks, etc.

None of that benefits the Vale financially. So why not save up for a ticket and give the money to PVFC instead of spending hundreds on away trips?

The price is ok.

I wish folk would quit moaning and support the Club. Fair enough for the cash strapped, it is hard, I know that, but most folk can afford just over £300 for a season's football. You can't get a week's holiday for that and you could spend £100 easily enough on a good night out.

Dig deep. Support the Club if you can!

That's reasonable enough. Some, like the OP, are just moaning; some (and I can't believe I'm saying this), like RB, are at least putting forward a rational point.

The ST prices are not an issue as far as I'm concerned but I still feel that walk-up prices should have stayed.

The main thing, as I see it, is that due to the great offers that NS and PW put in place last season, we had a, perhaps, unrealistic expectation of what the 'ST by instalments' would be and a lot of people are disappointed with that option.

What my point is though is that I'm dissipointed that the club aren't considering me and people like me.

If I have to pay through the nose for home games I wont be chosing home games over away games, so the club will lose out in that respect.

Say I am able to book 10 games off through holidays at work, Wolves/Coventry away are definites for me, add in Crewe and Walsall and possibly Shrewsbury to that because naturally they are the 5 biggest most attractive Vale away games next season unless we are doing well.

There is absolutely no reason why I am going to favour a home game over an away game next season. It's sad, but I'm going to spend my (holiday) time and my money on the games that offer me the most enjoyment on paper. The best value games when the season fixtures are released are the 5 I've mentioned.

The only considerations into games I make is how interesting is the game. Because I can't go to every game I can afford to pay for travel. There is literally no incentive for me to want to attend the Wolves home game over the wolves away game. And especially in the case of Wolves and Coventry, there is actually an incentive for me to go to two grounds that I've not visited.

Where as if a loyalty card or block tickets was trialed then I would have an incentive to prioritise home games.

So RB,correct me if I'm wrong,you want to cherry pick your games and are prepared to give Wolves,Coventry etc your money instead of the Vale because you think Vale are too expensive? And you may have to pay more at those places and are willing to do so.Do you really expect anyone to consider you?:rolleyes:

So RB,correct me if I'm wrong,you want to cherry pick your games and are prepared to give Wolves,Coventry etc your money instead of the Vale because you think Vale are too expensive? And you may have to pay more at those places and are willing to do so.Do you really expect anyone to consider you?:rolleyes:

Totally agree,his statement took away any sympathy I was having for him,rather go away than home games because,what ever reason,then he moans at Vale prices,JEZZ SOME FOLK.and I reckon he ain't the only one :( ..

What my point is though is that I'm dissipointed that the club aren't considering me and people like me.

If I have to pay through the nose for home games I wont be chosing home games over away games, so the club will lose out in that respect.

Say I am able to book 10 games off through holidays at work, Wolves/Coventry away are definites for me, add in Crewe and Walsall and possibly Shrewsbury to that because naturally they are the 5 biggest most attractive Vale away games next season unless we are doing well.

There is absolutely no reason why I am going to favour a home game over an away game next season. It's sad, but I'm going to spend my (holiday) time and my money on the games that offer me the most enjoyment on paper. The best value games when the season fixtures are released are the 5 I've mentioned.

The only considerations into games I make is how interesting is the game. Because I can't go to every game I can afford to pay for travel. There is literally no incentive for me to want to attend the Wolves home game over the wolves away game. And especially in the case of Wolves and Coventry, there is actually an incentive for me to go to two grounds that I've not visited.

Where as if a loyalty card or block tickets was trialed then I would have an incentive to prioritise home games.

With the money that you would spend going to those 5 away games you mention,entrance fee,transport,ale,food.You could ............ Buy a season ticket and you money would be going to ....... Vale.

Let's not go on a witch hunt please

Funny you should mention that TLV,my black cat doesn't like me going to games unless they are promotion winning ones or higher profile ones.The little basket scratched me stupid when I went to the Aldershot night match.;)

I think the problem here is maybe wildes jumped the gun a few months ago when he said about ticketing arrangements and method of payment, I think now the realalty has sunk in that may be he has to change the thinking , this I know has disappointed some

As a shift worker a season ticket is out of the question for so it looks as if I will be paying on the gate, I have sympathy with RB regarding this, I was kind of hoping the swipe card system could be used to purchase blocks of games at a price in between the season ticket price and walk up price

The sason tickets are excellent value for those able to take advantage of using them fully

Archived