onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unsung Heroes.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Apart from the above players... Rob Page deserves an honourable mention for his hard work, and I would simply refuse to listen to anyone who disagree's that be hasn't made a difference.

I know a while back there was a thread on his future as he was linked with the Wales job. Whether is be his choice or not, I'm glad he's stayed and thank him for all he's done!

I agree, however, i wouldnt be surprised if Gareth was one of those Micky mentioned about trying to derail us.

Gareth did a massive job in persuading the players to stay:yes:

If MA deems that as an attempt to derail the club, then fair enough as MA is the manager. I do feel, however, that history will tell a very different story:yes:

My favourite Yates moment was on Saturday. When the final whistle went and most did one to the tunnel at breakneck speed, Yates turned towards the Paddock and waited for the oncoming tide of Vale fans. You could tell he cared and wanted to embrace the moment with the fans.

Gareth did a massive job in persuading the players to stay:yes:

If MA deems that as an attempt to derail the club, then fair enough as MA is the manager. I do feel, however, that history will tell a very different story:yes:

Im only guessing.

It was not rocket science that they had a falling out.

Agree wholeheartedly about Yates and Chilvers . Shuker is the best crosser of a ball that we have. I wish he would pass a few tips on to Jennison.Vincent I wish would concentrate more on his own game than mickey taking of the opposition.

Whatever the complaints about his physique and age Shuker is probably the best footballer in the squad i.e. having ability and an instinctive understanding of the game and how to keep it moving. (At the other end of the scale Rob Taylor, whatever his ability, is probably the least instinctive player we have.)

The unsung heroes are also the supporters especially those travelling to away games. The great Vale away record must have been helped enormously by the vocal support they received.

By the way I'm not one of them.

Exactly right, the away support has been immense all season well done to all who travelled many miles and helped give us such a tremendous away record.

can i nominate boomer and his dad, think some of the young kids drag mum and dad down vale just to see boomer, boomers dad/owner is never far away from him, keeping him under control

Thank you Berteepee, it was nice to see our name added to this list, But I feel the colume is about players who have helped and moved on ,

Surely Doug Loft deserves a mention. Dont think he gets the credit he deserves, dependable at left back and solid in midfield.

Also Ben Williamson was superb at times, don't think Pope would have found the net as often as he did without him!

Everybody who featured is a hero anyway, even Mr Burge who must really be kicking himself now.

i think loftys been gash since he moved from left back into midfield. not commanding enough and disappeared for large amounts of time in important games.

I think that Clayton McDonald had played a big part at the start of the season filling in at centre back

I agree. With artell going and joe davies not looking ready, we needed a partner for boom and big clayt put in some good performances in the team who played the best football we have played all season.

And he's a tank. Added bonus

Archived