onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unsung Heroes.

Spunk Trumpet

Id like to praise up a couple of unsung 'Half Season' heroes.

Ashley Vincent was blistering in the first half of the season. Goals. Assists. Opposition teams couldnt cope! Unfortunately he had a crisis of confidence and then his injury. He fell ill just before xmas and it all fell apart for the lad. That being said he was a key part in getting us up there in the first place.

I think his first half of the season contribution is massively underrated.

Adam Yates comes into my unsung hero for his second half of the season performances. Some outstanding performances in games where he was only one of two or three to shine. Never lets you down. Always gives a shift and has looked a real tidy player. Certainly the most improved performer in 2013 for me.

We all know about Pope and Neal who have been superb all season but i thought id give a special mention to Yates and Vincent who have been my unsung heroes at times this year.

Advert

Surely Doug Loft deserves a mention. Dont think he gets the credit he deserves, dependable at left back and solid in midfield.

Also Ben Williamson was superb at times, don't think Pope would have found the net as often as he did without him!

Everybody who featured is a hero anyway, even Mr Burge who must really be kicking himself now.

Agree with the above but I'd also add Chilvers to this list. He relieved so much abuse, both online and at the game, but for the last 3 months he has been our best center half and popped up with some crucial goals.

Couldn't agree more.

Archived