onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Proper seats on Saturday

Jacko51

Advert

Bought two yesterday ask if I could have two next to my ST seats and I was told it didn't matter where you sit. So who's right and who's wrong !?!?!

I have bought specific seats to sit in. the ticket office advised it is allocated seating. If anyone is in my seat they will be asked to move. the club needs to clarify the situation prior to Saturday

Who'd have thought we would have this seat "problem" at the start of this campaign? Even new owners could not have really dreamt that Vale Park was likely to get full or as near as damn to it in their first year. Ticket office staff mustn't know what's hit them. Obvious now though that these issues can be resolved for next season as Wildes and Smurf will have taken notice of all the posts about fans concerns. Lovely to be in this position and with some thought the matches next year that may attract such big gates will be catered for on a more professional and advanced advertised nature. As a season ticket holder myself though I sincerely hope more and more fans will take advantage of any offers from Vale to obtain such a ticket as this not only helps the club's financial forward planning but it assists the ticket office staff in organising seats for those non-season ticket holders. With Vale's obvious intent on progressing up the Leagues it would be fantastic to learn that we could attract bumper numbers of season ticket holders for the forthcoming seasons. Our neighbours down the road have a phenominal amount of season ticket holders and although they are in the Premier(for the time being) they are mainly Potteries people, just like Vale so if they can manage to somehow find the money to buy a ticket then surely the Valiants can too? Give it a go, you will not regret it, watching attractive, progressive football at a Club that does care about it's fans.

Just in case anyone missed it (I know it was posted earlier but perhaps worth repeating).

Tweet from the club:

OfficialPVFC ‏@OfficialPVFC 2h

Northampton update: all seating is unreserved with the exception of Season Ticket holders #pvfc

I bought the seat I wanted a few days ago and my tickets has the correct seat number on it. No-one said to me that it was unreserved. Won't be happy if someone else pinches it! Presumably people are going to have to get used to sitting in the right seat next year when the crowds go up :) At another ground not too far away there is a process where you can swap seats for a particular game if you want to sit with friends and your usual seat becomes vacant. A guy who sits near to me there often does it. Same applies at night games where people can't take their kids so have to move out of the family stand. It's not rocket science.

Got my ticket for the Paddock this afto. The young lady in the office made it very clear, you must seat in the designated seat mentioned on your ticket. Simples.

I bought a ticket over the phone the same afternoon. When I asked if tickets were for specific seats I was told yes, but don't expect to be able to sit there, sit wherever i could.

I have been in touch with the club and an explanation of why this fixture cannot be allocated seats for all is in my frontpage feature here:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/content/vale-turn-early/

In short, it is an outdated ticketing system the club are trying to replace ASAP. As it cannot allocate seat numbers to children, there cannot be allocated seating as that may lead to children being separated from parents which would be a bad thing.

Unfortunately, changing the system isn't something that can be done overnight so we have to bear with it...

The club tell me that this will be resolved for next season when they will replace the ticketing system (which is far more than previous regimes did in my opinion)

Is it not the same ticketing system that Mike Lloyd implemented?

It may be - but according to the conversation I had it is still not fit for purpose. So even if it was updated fairly recently, it was still updated with an outdated system.

I understand there will be an announcement of a new, modern ticketing system soon but it won't be in place until next season.

So, when we are going for promotion to the Championship in the final game of next season, these problems won't occur ;)

Archived