onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stockport

boltonsno1

Advert

Well they've dropped into the Blue Square north but not without a fight,the imbecile, how are the mighty (well not quite) fallen. Pity they can't start with a ten point deduction after those disgraceful scenes at Kidderminster,Ian Bogie must wonder what he's let himself in for and it wouldn't suprise me if he was kicked out. In fact the club might fold and if it does the fans will take the blame for the mental half dozen. Still Chester have clawed their way back and Halifax aren't all that far away so there's still hope for them , not a lot of sympathy mind.

Decided to go Part-time.

STOCKPORT County will be a part-time side in the Blue Square North next season. The decision has been taken by the Board of Directors following detailed discussions with manager Ian Bogie.

It means that County will now train three times a week instead of four times a week, a total difference of just two training hours.

Ian Bogie said the decision was inevitable, adding: “I have achieved success in this league before on a part-time basis, and I would prefer to be given a healthy part-time budget than a massively reduced full-time budget. You also have to question experienced, full-time players who would want to drop down to play at this level. This is the right way to go.

"I am pleased the decision has been taken at an early stage; our preparations are already well under way for next season and myself and Alan Lord have been speaking to several prospective signings. We're in for a very busy summer and, with the backing of the fans, I believe we can put out a really exciting and successful side next season."

Vice-Chairman Spencer Fearn said: “This decision has not been taken lightly, but it is the most appropriate way to take the club forward and keep Stockport County sustainable in non-league football.”

“Going part-time is, we believe, the right way forward - we were relegated last season despite having a full-time squad, whilst part-time teams such as Dartford and Woking finished well up the Blue Square Premier League. This is very much a temporary measure, which we will review when we win promotion.

”In addition, we felt that as custodians of Stockport County we could not afford to gamble with the future of the club, as we know only too well about the financial difficulties currently affecting other teams not too far away from here.”

Ian Bogie said: “My budget is competitive, we won't face any full-time teams in this league and I believe we can bounce straight back with the right players on board. We have an opportunity to rebuild the squad from scratch and, with the backing of the supporters, I believe we can take this football club back where it belongs.”

Spencer Fearn added: “We are delighted with the number of season tickets sold within days of the announcement of the Early Bird offer earlier this week, and we would urge fans to help us by buying early and helping to boost ‘Bogie’s Budget’ even further.”

Decided to go Part-time.

STOCKPORT County will be a part-time side in the Blue Square North next season. The decision has been taken by the Board of Directors following detailed discussions with manager Ian Bogie.

It means that County will now train three times a week instead of four times a week, a total difference of just two training hours.

Ian Bogie said the decision was inevitable, adding: “I have achieved success in this league before on a part-time basis, and I would prefer to be given a healthy part-time budget than a massively reduced full-time budget. You also have to question experienced, full-time players who would want to drop down to play at this level. This is the right way to go.

"I am pleased the decision has been taken at an early stage; our preparations are already well under way for next season and myself and Alan Lord have been speaking to several prospective signings. We're in for a very busy summer and, with the backing of the fans, I believe we can put out a really exciting and successful side next season."

Vice-Chairman Spencer Fearn said: “This decision has not been taken lightly, but it is the most appropriate way to take the club forward and keep Stockport County sustainable in non-league football.”

“Going part-time is, we believe, the right way forward - we were relegated last season despite having a full-time squad, whilst part-time teams such as Dartford and Woking finished well up the Blue Square Premier League. This is very much a temporary measure, which we will review when we win promotion.

”In addition, we felt that as custodians of Stockport County we could not afford to gamble with the future of the club, as we know only too well about the financial difficulties currently affecting other teams not too far away from here.”

Ian Bogie said: “My budget is competitive, we won't face any full-time teams in this league and I believe we can bounce straight back with the right players on board. We have an opportunity to rebuild the squad from scratch and, with the backing of the supporters, I believe we can take this football club back where it belongs.”

Spencer Fearn added: “We are delighted with the number of season tickets sold within days of the announcement of the Early Bird offer earlier this week, and we would urge fans to help us by buying early and helping to boost ‘Bogie’s Budget’ even further.”

Big up the Woking Massive.

Very sad, to think that we had some almighty battles with this lot Kevin Francis et al when they had Danny Bergara in charge of them. Hope that Bogie gets them back up again, getting a bit fed up with somesome of the decent teams with long histories being replaced with unexciting teams with nothing about them and even worse no fan base whatsoever.

Wouldn't mind Kidderminster coming up though:unsure:

Archived