onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2 bombs go off in America

valesince83

Advert

Just seen some of the pictures the news media can't publish. It is truly horrific.

Doesn't matter whether it is Islamic terrorists or far right home grown militia, neither represent either the Arab race or white race. They represent twisted and *******ised ideologies that have no place in civil society.

Interesting slant from Danny Baker

Danny Baker ‏@prodnose 35m

Disgusting news from USA. Tragically, in 70s & 80s you couldnt drink in many Boston bars without putting money into a bucket for "the cause"

Then Danny Baker is a wicked twisted man. Whatever went on in the 70s and 80s had nothing to do with the runners in this race, who probably weren't born or were children then, or may have come from another state, another country even.

A couple of the comments on here stink of the same prejudice and hatred thart those who planted these bombs and destroyed innocent lives too, I totally agree with post 17.

How come people are allowed to post borderline (to give the benefit of the doubt) racist **** like

No doubt the are at it again.

and

I'm going to put my neck on the line and guess that its ******* behind it

yet when I wonder if these posters would start slating white christians of they were the perpetrators, my comments get deleted? Absolutely ****ing pathetic, mods. ****ing jokers.

How come people are allowed to post borderline (to give the benefit of the doubt) racist **** like

and

yet when I wonder if these posters would start slating white christians of they were the perpetrators, my comments get deleted? Absolutely ****ing pathetic, mods. ****ing jokers.

Did you report the offensive posts to the mods? they can't monitor everything and rely on us being vigilant and reporting what we believe should be brought to their attention

No, I didn't. However, they seemed pretty alert to a completely innocuous comment from myself and trigger happy when it came to deleting that, so I'd presume they'd read the thread. I do regret swearing/ insulting them/ whoever deleted it in my last post but am getting a bit fed up of the casual racism and, to a lesser extent, homophobia that's rife on this site, despite the actual rules saying all posts of this nature will be deleted. Then when I say something that isn't remotely offensive, it's immediately pounced upon.

I'd like the moderator in question to respond.

No I didn't

You can't have been that bothered by them then

No, I didn't. However, they seemed pretty alert to a completely innocuous comment from myself and trigger happy when it came to deleting that, so I'd presume they'd read the thread. I do regret swearing/ insulting them/ whoever deleted it in my last post but am getting a bit fed up of the casual racism and, to a lesser extent, homophobia that's rife on this site, despite the actual rules saying all posts of this nature will be deleted.

They will be deleted if the mods know about them..so report them

Then when I say something that isn't remotely offensive, it's immediately pounced upon.

Doesn't matter whether you think it isn't offensive or not..if the mods are made aware of it and think it is then it's their call

I'd like the moderator in question to respond.

Seriously?

In all seriousness if you see a post that you think the mods should be aware of cos yuou believe that it breaks the rules then report it and they'll deal with it as they see fit..this might be what happened to yours

You can't have been that bothered by them then

Erm, I was. Please don't presume to know how bothered or not I am by a post. I had actually looked for a 'report post' button but couldn't find one. Also, I thought that maybe it's better to confront and discuss the reasoning behind this racism (which is what I subsequently tried to do) than merely delete it, thereby maybe brushing it under the carpet? I dunno. My issue wasn't that my post was deleted (although I did find it bewildering) more that some of the nastier stuff on this thread (which was only 2 pages long at that point was ignored/ allowed to stand whilst mine was deleted.

Seriously?

Yes, I would be very interested in the moderator explaining why they deleted a post that merely said something like "I wonder if the perpetrator of this terrible act turns out to be a Timothy McVeigh type, the people so gleefully eager to blame 'arabs' or 'muslims' will instead start making sweeping statements about white 'christians'."

Would you not be interested in their reasoning?

Erm, I was. Please don't presume to know how bothered or not I am by a post. I had actually looked for a 'report post' button but couldn't find one.

I use the button bottom left of each message...little triangle with exclamation mark on it

Also, I thought that maybe it's better to confront and discuss the reasoning behind this racism (which is what I subsequently tried to do) than merely delete it, thereby maybe brushing it under the carpet? I dunno. My issue wasn't that my post was deleted (although I did find it bewildering) more that some of the nastier stuff on this thread (which was only 2 pages long at that point was ignored/ allowed to stand whilst mine was deleted.

Maybe yours was reported but the others were not

Yes, I would be very interested in the moderator explaining why they deleted a post that merely said something like "I wonder if the perpetrator of this terrible act turns out to be a Timothy McVeigh type, the people so gleefully eager to blame 'arabs' or 'muslims' will instead start making sweeping statements about white 'christians'."

I don't doubt that you are interested but it's not for them to explain themselves if they don't feel the need to do so

Would you not be interested in their reasoning?

Probably

Well it's no secret that I was the one taking action in this instance. I took the decision to soft delete consequence of a report from another Forum member which, in turn, gives the other Mods the oportunity to view the posts in question and, if necessary, counsel me as to whether I had acted appropriately.

As a general rule we do ne give reasons for such decisions taken. OVF Rule 12 states:

You are being allowed to visit and use this website by permission of OVF Ltd (the site owner). Use of the forum is a privilege and not a right because OVF is not a public service. There is no "freedom of speech" as by registering you agree to abide by the OVF rules and the decisions of the forum owner. The forum owner's and administrators' decisions are final on any and all matters including reserving the right to delete posts and/or refuse entry to this website.

I might add that not all reported posts result in deletion from the Forums.

Barry.

Archived