onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

Valiant in Brum

Using the Bill (I see it as I want too) Bell counting system which was only used for high profile matches over many years, the capacity is 14,964 which was the attendance for the Arsenal cup replay in 1998 when VP was packed out. This system cannot be argued with and is no longer in use.

After this game the attendance was announced as 10800 - and the away end was full too.

Advert

Using the Bill (I see it as I want too) Bell counting system which was only used for high profile matches over many years, the capacity is 14,964 which was the attendance for the Arsenal cup replay in 1998 when VP was packed out. This system cannot be argued with and is no longer in use.

This was only used as far as I remember for one game arsenal

Bill had little idea of the true attendance only because the main concern was to get the fans queuing onto bycars park in as quickly as possible some were let in through gates with no turnstiles. Bill stated that they had run out of change over the tannoy half an hour before kick off. All bill was guilty of was not having a clue how many fans were in the ground

Bill did nothing wrong

At the moment its 17000 according to someone i was speaking to at the club the other day. When the Lorne St is finished it'll hold over 18000. The capacity was 22000 when the old Lorne St was terraced, it dropped because the seats take up more room

The problem is there are always different capacities on different information sites. However I am sure its over 19k atm, and will be just under 21k with the lorn street finished that was the original plan anyway.

Bill had little idea of the true attendance only because the main concern was to get the fans queuing onto bycars park in as quickly as possible some were let in through gates with no turnstiles. Bill stated that they had run out of change over the tannoy half an hour before kick off. All bill was guilty of was not having a clue how many fans were in the ground

Bill did nothing wrong

Jeez that sounds like summit the old lot would have done, running out of change like that.

I always thought it was 18,000, plus whatever the lorne st,[hamil side] holds.

Lorne Street (finished side), holds 1,600 fans.

I've always known Vale Park to have a capacity of circa 19,100. Once the other side of Lorne Street is finished then this should take our overall capacity to 20,700.

Lorne Street (finished side), holds 1,600 fans.

I've always known Vale Park to have a capacity of circa 19,100. Once the other side of Lorne Street is finished then this should take our overall capacity to 20,700.

That was exactly my thinking hence the confusion. I knew a finished Lorne Street would bring it up to around 21k.

Basically no ones got a ****ing clue
The largest figure maybe for an all-ticket match, where all tickets have seat numbers, such as cup-ties, Whereas league games with STs, un-numbered tickets and cash entrance, may have a safety factor built in. Do we have attendance counters on each turnstile as a police requirement?

Bill did nothing wrong

Mucker, I'm only giving a figure that is quoted on SOME sites.

Fact; if you go or have gone to VP over many years you get to know a decent crowd or a big game that the "armchair fans" come out for. Arsenal was packed out with peope struggling to get seats. I don't care what the attendance was........................ the fact is VP was packed out as those who attended will tell you.

Like him or hate him, but the fact is that Mr Bell put bums on seats, something that V2001 failed to do!!!!!

Now lets move forward............. the fans are responding to the new era, all the facts, the truth, the results and what they see! There is trust, a genuine trust that I think proves we are all pulling together.

We never went to Vale Park because of Bill Bell................ did we? But now because of Mr Wildes & The Smurf and what they have told us, what they have proven and tried to deliver.................... we are backing them and the team 100%, we are going to VP because of them.

As a Port Vale fan of 40 years, for the 1st time I believe in everything I'm being told. From the the Board, the manager, the team, the press and the rumours, I do believe!!!!...... Whatever the capacity is and lets face it who cares? Lets fill every seat and prove that we are a big club, with a big ground and a capacity that we can justify.

Lets show League 1 that Port Vale are coming to show them that we are serious........................ we're living the dream!!!!....... Accept us or fear us............................. We don't care, we're Port Vale & we score when we want.:woot:

Archived