onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

Jacko51

Its heartening to see that there are one or two posters on here who agree with my thoughts regarding the service that Tom has received this season.

I for one can see that though JMW is a fast and skilled player his forte is more about 'cutting inside' and taking a 'pot shot' with his trusty left peg. His actual ability in providing crosses for the frontmen is pretty woeful. How can it be otherwise as his right foot is rarely used. Left footed right wingers can't work as a supply line of quality crosses.

Yet he is second in our scoring list and second in the assists behind Pope - 9 league goals score, 9 assists provided. He must be able to do summat right, Sage. In fact he's joint 7th in the League 2 list for assists. If he scored any more or provided any more goals he would be playing in the Championship.

Advert

Well said jean - cant believe the criticism JMW gets.

Also Mike remember we have two excellent crossers of the ball playing at full back who JMW with us 2 or 3 men on him can always lay the ball back to.

Back on topic - if ever a player single handedly dragged his club to promotion its Tom Pope.

Yet he is second in our scoring list and second in the assists behind Pope - 9 league goals score, 9 assists provided. He must be able to do summat right, Sage. In fact he's joint 7th in the League 2 list for assists. If he scored any more or provided any more goals he would be playing in the Championship.
OK Jean in that case how many good quality crosses did JMW put in yesterday?. Don't rack your brains the answer is a big zero.

How many of his goals have been from open play?. Penalties don't count for me and he has actually missed two this season.

I'm sorry Jean but only time will prove who is right and who is wrong. All I want is a good service to our biggest asset.

Mike - Rochdale put three men on him yesterday that's his job done. The problem was Jones who didn't match the quality of Yates crossing.

JMW crosses from corners are usually very good (Chilvers goal yesterday?)

Chris Shuker took that corner Dave.:laugh:

OK Jean in that case how many good quality crosses did JMW put in yesterday?. Don't rack your brains the answer is a big zero.

How many of his goals have been from open play?. Penalties don't count for me and he has actually missed two this season.

I'm sorry Jean but only time will prove who is right and who is wrong. All I want is a good service to our biggest asset.

Every time I see a post about JMW by you it's always negative! As I've said before he's a League 1/2 player, you've got to expect some sort of inconsistency! Have you seen Kightly for stoke? Think he's put in 3 good crosses in all season and he's a so called prem player! Give JMW a break jesus! I bet if we got rid of him at the end of the season you'd be saying 'we should never of got rid' next season! As far as I'm concerned everyone of our players this season deserves credit

Every time I see a post about JMW by you it's always negative! As I've said before he's a League 1/2 player, you've got to expect some sort of inconsistency! Have you seen Kightly for stoke? Think he's put in 3 good crosses in all season and he's a so called prem player! Give JMW a break jesus! I bet if we got rid of him at the end of the season you'd be saying 'we should never of got rid' next season! As far as I'm concerned everyone of our players this season deserves credit
I agree but that is only because when I look at JMW I see a talented player who often doesn't deliver 100% by way of effort. They do say that 'god loves a trier'. Well all too often I think Jennison sells us short in this department.

I agree but that is only because when I look at JMW I see a talented player who often doesn't deliver 100% by way of effort. They do say that 'god loves a trier'. Well all too often I think Jennison sells us short in this department.

I's a good job he hasn't sold us short in the goals or assists department then.

Are we talking about the same JMW that the managers in the division voted into the top 5 players of the season?

Amazed at the stick he gets to be honest.

Yes I felt the same with the stick that Tom Pope received last season. Football is all about opinions obviously Stevenage's manager didn't rate JMW either or he wouldn't have released him. The same with 'His holiness' but Tom has shut Rotherham up good and proper and I hope Jenno proves me wrong too, I really do.

Haven't you always defended dodds inconsistency and going missing?

Archived