onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

After the Lord Mayor's Show....

Valiant62

Advert

You only have to look at yesterday's results to realise what pressure does to teams. We finally put to bed Vales recent poor performances in front of a big crowds so we need to overcome the 'after The Lord Mayors show' syndrome on Tuesday.

Aldershot are not bottom of the league for nothing but I do remember Barnet. I hope JMW & Hughes are fit for Tuesday taking them off early might have helped.

Very well put.

I think Vale play better in night fixtures at VP, where the atmosphere seems better. We cracked the 'large crowd syndrome' on Friday night, and I expect the Vale to play well again on Tuesday night.

V62 is getting lots of minus votes but his/her motive is good - and I agree with it in that we will have to be totally focused and avoid complacency to beat Aldershot. They will be far, far more difficult to beat than Burton.

Forget the bottom of the league placing and look at their last 8 away games - just one defeat. Six draws, yes, but some against more than decent teams, and they came within a whisker of a major FA Cup shock at Championship promotion contenders (or they were at that time) Middlesbrough. So they are certainly no mugs, and being a wounded animal that needs that points to survive means we must really be on top form.

Patience may well be needed in bucketfulls from both the players and the supporters. An early Vale goal could change this, but I'd say that is less likely this game. In fact I'm thinking of having a miodest wager on half time 0-0 and full time Vale win 1-0, covering it with a smaller bet of HT 0-0, FT 1-1.

Despite the above, it's hard to remember a time when I looked forward to Vale games with so much anticipation as now, and if I should be wrong and Vale serve up another goal feast, then great.

Have Aldershot got a bus?? Seriously, don't matter who we have as a squad Tuesday we are now well capable of beating anyone. Vale have their mo-jo back. Everyone and his dog should get along to Vale Park and show that the massive crowd was not a fluke. Surely the floaters had a brilliant time and can give us more of their time to push us over the finishing line. Come on , you don't need £9 admission each game to show your colours are firmly fixed with the best team in the Potteries. We only have the 2 games at home left so dig deep in your pockets and help us celebrate a fantastic season's end.

I believe they do have a bus but it's only a mini-bus,so we should be alright.;)

I think Vale play better in night fixtures at VP, where the atmosphere seems better. We cracked the 'large crowd syndrome' on Friday night, and I expect the Vale to play well again on Tuesday night.

Before Burton Vale's home night games this season had yeiled 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats in all competitions, although Micky Adams seems to prefer evening kick-offs. The results have been very mixed though, and include a couple of very poor performances against Dagenham (lucky to get a 1-1 draw), Bradford in the JPT, surrendering a 2-goal lead to Rochdale, and being well beaten by Exeter.

Away from home, Vale lost their opening evening fixture at Accrington then never lost again until the weakened side played in-form Bristol Rovers a few weeks ago, so the lads seem to like evening away games.

Despite all the usual suspects having a snipe at certain Vale players we are still 2nd in the table with a clear distance between us and the chasing pack. Also a reminder that no team is a push over in this league and no team is going to give us a leg up,so with 3 games left we should be able to retain our 2nd place and get automatic promotion, 3 decent performances and we will wave league 2 goodbye,we certainly have a decent enough squad to take the required number of points so onward and upward as the saying goes.:yes:

..... Please let me be vilified on Tuesday night at 9:40 for starting this thread, but what can we do about making sure we beat Aldershot on Tuesday? Burton came and played an open expansive game which suited our counteracting style. Aldershot will park the proverbial bus. There won't be as big a crowd and the hype from Smurf and presentation of 1993 team can't happen again with the same effect. Will there be the cardboard fan shaped extra loud clappy things that helped make such a racket?

Anyway, the team have got to match the intensity and the crowd too.

I don't think we can do it...... abuse please on Tuesday night, the humble pie will be in the oven as I come back from the game.

What lottery numbers are you using this week? :laugh:

Archived