onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sceptic Converted.

Smallthorne Dog

I have long held the view that certain members of V2001 were not right for this football club, I have been a big critic of Peter Jackson for at least three seasons now. A view that was only stregthened with all the Grindco/Valiant Sheep revelations etc. But i held the view that Bill Bratt, Glenn Oliver and Paul Humphries (credit to Paul for standing down) were decent Vale fans who, while not having the business plan to take Vale forward, did at least hold the best interests of PVFC close at heart. This opinion had begun to change, when it was obvious they were merely puppets with Jackson pulling the strings. Around 12 months ago after the continual rejection of proposed investment, and the ongoing Harlequin farce i started to realise that the remaining board members were now more than simply puppets but were complicit in the seedy nature of he running of Vale Park and the lies and deceit being fed to the supporters with such nonchalant contempt. And as such i have supported COMPLETE change in the boardroom for some time now.

However as most on here will know, i have been equally sceptical of Mo Chaudry's involvement and proposed takeover. I am aware i have come in for criticism because of my reasoning. I am i'm afraid one of those who has a suspicion that Mr Chaudry's interest in Vale is more to do with how it will benefit Mo, than PVFC or its supporters. But for people like me it was becoming increasingly obvious that after the non materialisation of the Harlequin money, the rejection of Barrett, Newton and the Texans, that Mo was he only option for the future of Vale. I could however still understand thos who were not shouting from the rooftops that Mo was the mesiah.

But the involvement of Mark Sims and his open letter to Mr Bratt must surely change that, and certainly has done for me. Here is a lifelong Vale fan, successful businessman, and recent prolific financial supporter of the club who is willing to join forces with Mo and bring about change. While i' don't share Mr Sim's enthusiasm over Mr Chaudry, i do believe that here is a man who should convince the Mo sceptics to support the revised bid. If, like me, you are sceptical of Mo, surely you must accept that with Mr Simm's involvement he will act as a gaurdian to "the family silver" and will make sure that decisions that are made are for the ultimate benefit of the club, and not those running it.

In my mind, there can no longer be any legitimate objection to the revised bid, and all true vale supporters should stand behind it and offer their support in trying to rid the club of the current failing regime.

Advert

I have long held the view that certain members of V2001 were not right for this football club, I have been a big critic of Peter Jackson for at least three seasons now. A view that was only stregthened with all the Grindco/Valiant Sheep revelations etc. But i held the view that Bill Bratt, Glenn Oliver and Paul Humphries (credit to Paul for standing down) were decent Vale fans who, while not having the business plan to take Vale forward, did at least hold the best interests of PVFC close at heart. This opinion had begun to change, when it was obvious they were merely puppets with Jackson pulling the strings. Around 12 months ago after the continual rejection of proposed investment, and the ongoing Harlequin farce i started to realise that the remaining board members were now more than simply puppets but were complicit in the seedy nature of he running of Vale Park and the lies and deceit being fed to the supporters with such nonchalant contempt. And as such i have supported COMPLETE change in the boardroom for some time now.

However as most on here will know, i have been equally sceptical of Mo Chaudry's involvement and proposed takeover. I am aware i have come in for criticism because of my reasoning. I am i'm afraid one of those who has a suspicion that Mr Chaudry's interest in Vale is more to do with how it will benefit Mo, than PVFC or its supporters. But for people like me it was becoming increasingly obvious that after the non materialisation of the Harlequin money, the rejection of Barrett, Newton and the Texans, that Mo was he only option for the future of Vale. I could however still understand thos who were not shouting from the rooftops that Mo was the mesiah.

But the involvement of Mark Sims and his open letter to Mr Bratt must surely change that, and certainly has done for me. Here is a lifelong Vale fan, successful businessman, and recent prolific financial supporter of the club who is willing to join forces with Mo and bring about change. While i' don't share Mr Sim's enthusiasm over Mr Chaudry, i do believe that here is a man who should convince the Mo sceptics to support the revised bid. If, like me, you are sceptical of Mo, surely you must accept that with Mr Simm's involvement he will act as a gaurdian to "the family silver" and will make sure that decisions that are made are for the ultimate benefit of the club, and not those running it.

In my mind, there can no longer be any legitimate objection to the revised bid, and all true vale supporters should stand behind it and offer their support in trying to rid the club of the current failing regime.

Well said sir.

Well said sir. Surely all level headed fans will support Mark Sims as he is a proven fan and investor. This latest bid should have been snapped up before the ink was dry!!

Of course it should, you are right. I believe when the books are closely inspected they will be many things revealed, which won't be good.

This maybe why the offer was not snapped up, the board are stalling, but are indeed now running out of time.

What a fantastic opening post. I too was initially concerned about Mo, have been vocal about it. In reality though, he is by far and away our best option and the only one (board included) who has a plan. Add in Mark Simms and there is now a group of wealthy business men, with a plan and a drive to make us better.

Bit of a no brainer then really (should suit Billy and his buddies)

i don't know how to post a new forum not being very literate on a computer so apologies for straying off topic but what has grindco got to do with vale?, i only ask because they are now running greenway hall golf club of which i am a member and would like to know.

The joint bid is ideal and will have put any doubters at ease with having Mark Simms on board. I really don't know what the problem can be now, It's madness not to accept this bid, hopefully now that their last hope of promotion has gone they will have to come to some sense!:unsure:

i don't know how to post a new forum not being very literate on a computer so apologies for straying off topic but what has grindco got to do with vale?, i only ask because they are now running greenway hall golf club of which i am a member and would like to know.

You have a PM...............

Archived