onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marc Richards

Gazleese

He was with us for 5 years and was our standout player throughout those **** seasons. I'd say he was pretty loyal, turned down offers whilst at vale and got an offer from chesterfield that couldn't be turned down. Nobody should have booed him.

In your opinion, and you have every right to express that and NOT to boo him;) See what I'm getting at?

Advert

But Cheeky, that is entirely up to the individual fan. Surely, having an opinion (regarding anything or ANYBODY Vale) and being able to freely express it is something both you and I have so strongly fought for. I didn't boo Rico, but the rest of the folks I was with did. The fact that they felt so strongly about Rico, Griff AND Artell not sticking with The Vale, is their right. It doesn't make them thick and it doesn't make them any more or less a Vale fan. It's a bit like when I don't applaud Calvin Andrew when he is picked as one of MA's first 11, or when I don't appluad when MA he brings him on with a couple of minutes to go to enable him to earn his appearance fee.

I agree, everyone has right to express their feelings, I would be a little hypocritical if I disagreed with you there. I just feel it's little remiss given what he gave to us. Without his goals we could have been knackered during the Sinnott/Glover season.

I can't see where I have called anyone thick by the way, I just think it is sad that player who did give us a lot to cheer about and has done nothing the majority of us wouldn't do, gets the abuse like he did on Monday, and even in the face of it, he still didn't celebrate when he scored. I genuinely think his heart is with the Vale, and had circumstances not been as they were, he would have stayed.

I will also add that a lot of the people who abused Rico for leaving are also the same people who sing "There's only one Micky Adams"; I do like the irony in that.....;)

I agree, everyone has right to express their feelings, I would be a little hypocritical if I disagreed with you there. I just feel it's little remiss given what he gave to us. Without his goals we could have been knackered during the Sinnott/Glover season.

I can't see where I have called anyone thick by the way, I just think it is sad that player who did give us a lot to cheer about and has done nothing the majority of us wouldn't do, gets the abuse like he did on Monday, and even in the face of it, he still didn't celebrate when he scored. I genuinely think his heart is with the Vale, and had circumstances not been as they were, he would have stayed.

I will also add that a lot of the people who abused Rico for leaving are also the same people who sing "There's only one Micky Adams"; I do like the irony in that.....;)

Just for the record I NEVER sing "There's only one Micky Adams" and I know you know why;)

Just for the record I NEVER sing "There's only one Micky Adams" and I know you know why;)

Do you know someone else of that name?

I can totally understand people booing the likes of Artel for jumping ship. He never did anything for us. Literally. But the likes of Griff and Rico gave everything to us through some very dark times in our history. They deserve respect for that.

Of course you CAN boo them (freedom of speech etc) but just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Chesterfield fans not happy tonight with Richard's injuries and lack of appearances, although he's on a good salary!He has missed a quarter of the season according, to their fans forum.:whistling::whistling:They have praised Vale fans though for the noise that we made in that second half:yes:

speak to the guy and ask he why!!! he is very honest.... he needed the security, the guys turing 31 this year, had 2 kids and a 3rd on the way at the time. He didnt trust the guy who was going buy us, oh and guess what he was right not trust him as he failed to come up with the cash to buy us!

yes he could of took a risk and stayed... but would you risk your familys future? NO I dont believe you would!

Marc turned down offers every season.... and believe me there we're other clubs offering alot more money than what Chesterfield were.

Leave the guy alone, he served us well.

anyone slagging him off is simply pathetic imo

This is pretty much how I feel too. Well said young lady.

He served us well and got paid for it accordingly. He did his job for his salary. He was loyal whilst he was with us, there is very little loyalty in football and this is where I struggle. Players very rarely show it, so why should the fans?

Hmmm.

I respect you for not booing but a couple of points regarding your post.

"He served us well and got paid accordingly"

When we were in admin? When players weren't getting paid? When mortgage arrears were mounting up (possibly/probably)?

Doesn't the bloke deserve credit for 'seving us loyally' when he DIDN'T get paid accordingly?

Doesn't he deserve credit for staying with us when other clubs were sniffing around before, when, lets be honest, he was practically the only thing worth watching up there at times?

He can't exactly turn around and say he wanted us to win against his current employers but I thought he showed a lot of class in how he didn't celebrate his goals against us.

You say that players 'rarely show it (loyalty)' and thats true. Rico may not have shown us loyalty but he showed us respect.

Class act.

P.S. Think about how many Vale fans chose to give up when the MOLD had well and truly set in because we'd had enough. Imagine how it must have been to have had that day in and day out. I dunner blame the 'lad' at all.

Andrews gets no end of abuse from some on here but he has done nothing to deserve it. He tries his best when out there and to be honest he seemed to be involved in every chance we had at chesterfield.

Rico left. Football is different than other careers, You leave a club and go to a rival then you will get abuse. If you leave when the club you are with is on its ****, then you will get abuse. Ba is an example in the prem, Newcastle fans hate him and they have every right too.

Had he stayed he would have been in a team that is going up (hopefully) he would have gone down as one of the greats of this club. We would have give him a job till he wanted to bow out and even then would have kept him as a coach. Instead he will be a player people barely remember in a few years. Chesterfield will can him because they have the money to burn and they will just find someone better as his age slowly catches up on him.

As I have said, he was a good player and served us well but he should have stayed. He left for a rival, in football that is going to cause problems and he knew it.

Possibly the most sensible and obvious post ever posted on this forum.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The short term vieew of some faans does stagger me on some occasions.

Theres nowt wrong with my memory.

Richards is a self centred footballer who used to loove his christmas' off. When he first arrived he was overweight and looked uninterested for 2 seasons before Adams got hold of him and got him to sort his fitness out. His attitude to other players was not great and guess what Chesterfield fans are moaning about the same things that we did.

He loves the money, loes the adulation but shows little respect to his team mates, management and fans. He only show loyalty towards himself and his family.

Archived