onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marc Richards

Gazleese

I was sitting at the back directly behind the goal and I was pretty sure the first shot - which was also deflected - was actually going in. I've just seen it again on telly and there is no way Neal touched Richards' shot - it just went straight from Richards' on to the post and into the net.

i was sitting right behind the goal, in the second row and the ball was going wide, but if your a keeper and thinks its to close for comfort you make the save rightly or wrongly, but excellent finish by Richards. I did notice on the replay on tv 2 of our defenders never reacted to the first shot, they didn't follow in

Advert

I never think it's sensible to boo ex players because it invariably comes back to bite us on the bum. I think players probably expect it though so I imagine it was water off a duck's back to Richards. I won't get upset about it because it will never change. As Birdy said somewhere, some of our fans are thick!!

Who are you to label somebody thick?? Get off your high horse jean, stop speaking too people as if you own the moral high ground, [edited by Admin] 99% do not care about your opinion when you class vale fans as thick, look in the mirror first....

RICO was a great servant of the vale, I would welcome him around for a brew anytime, but its all part of the parcel, he gets boo'd, so what it's football, he will expect that it's all part of the package of being a football player, I don't know why some people on here don't understand this?!!

As for griff, I'm sure he would of been boo'd but he is a Vale player, why would we boo one of our own? Simple really... Don't try and rack your brains too hard too find out the answer....

DOH

Who are you to label somebody thick?? Get off your high horse jean, stop speaking too people as if you own the moral high ground, [edited by Admin] 99% do not care about your opinion when you class vale fans as thick, look in the mirror first....

RICO was a great servant of the vale, I would welcome him around for a brew anytime, but its all part of the parcel, he gets boo'd, so what it's football, he will expect that it's all part of the package of being a football player, I don't know why some people on here don't understand this?!!

As for griff, I'm sure he would of been boo'd but he is a Vale player, why would we boo one of our own? Simple really... Don't try and rack your brains too hard too find out the answer....

DOH

Just about sums up Jean's point that.

Well done.

DOH

Actually Jean has the respect of many many posters on this message board and her opinion is highly regarded by many. I think it is yourself who should be looking in the mirror.

Thought he conducted himself superbly today. Didn't celebrate either of his goals despite a torrent of abuse from vale fans. Fair play.

Totally agree. Some fans need to take a look at themselves as Rico was a great servant to the club & I'm sure wouldn't of left had we not been in Admin. It's fine giving him a bit of stick but some people went way over the top. UTV.

Richards is playing below his level in League 2, he could be a good player to get back post promotion if Chesterfield want to release him. The difference between teams a lot of the time is just goalscoring, a natural goal scorer makes such a difference.

Cause he greedy ?

speak to the guy and ask he why!!! he is very honest.... he needed the security, the guys turing 31 this year, had 2 kids and a 3rd on the way at the time. He didnt trust the guy who was going buy us, oh and guess what he was right not trust him as he failed to come up with the cash to buy us!

yes he could of took a risk and stayed... but would you risk your familys future? NO I dont believe you would!

Marc turned down offers every season.... and believe me there we're other clubs offering alot more money than what Chesterfield were.

Leave the guy alone, he served us well.

anyone slagging him off is simply pathetic imo

Some people on here amaze me. We can abuse our own players but then they defend people like Richards. The bloke ditch us when we needed him most. He will have his reasons why he left but you can not take away that he could have stayed and had things gone **** up he would have still been able to leave. He has a value and as people have said there was a lot of clubs after him delaying the decision would have made no difference to his career.

I have a issue with him because he ditched us in our hour of need. Do I thank him for his time at Vale yes but you are often remembered for the big decisions you make and his was to leave when we were struggling.

My only criticism of Rico yesterday was the way help kept rolling around obviously trying to con the very poor referee. When he went off I think it was his fifth attack of the 'Italian theatricals'.

That said I do wish the guy well as he is a good player at this level and a nice bloke.

I couldn't agree more OS. He really wound me up with all that lying about. Did he used to do that when he played for us? Dunner remember it. Elbows and backing in, OK, but not conning the ref like that.

Some people on here amaze me. We can abuse our own players but then they defend people like Richards. The bloke ditch us when we needed him most. He will have his reasons why he left but you can not take away that he could have stayed and had things gone **** up he would have still been able to leave. He has a value and as people have said there was a lot of clubs after him delaying the decision would have made no difference to his career.

I have a issue with him because he ditched us in our hour of need. Do I thank him for his time at Vale yes but you are often remembered for the big decisions you make and his was to leave when we were struggling.

Didn't his goals keep us going when your mates ' MOLD' were killing our club ?

Given your past allegiances, you don't half leave yourself open with posts like that Markie.

Archived