onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

77 points

What are the remaining fixtures for the others though as they all have teams at the top to play. I think Bradford have to play Burton and Northampton at Bradford so they will have a big say in it.

One of the biggest obstacles left is people saying things like 'win the next 2 matches and we are promoted' - if MA and his players are daft and complacent enough to take notice of it - please let's hope they are not.

The following shows the maximum points possible for each team, (leaving Vale off for now - we have 71 pts, which we can think of as 71.5 because of goal difference)

Gillingham 91

Northampton 83

Burton Albion 83

Rotherham 82

Cheltenham 80

Exeter 78

Bradford City 76

Southend 72

Fleetwood 72

Chesterfield 72

So factually - 5 more points to guarantee a play-off place.

12 more points to guarantee automatic promotion (both assume we dont concede shedloads).

Also though, if we beat both Burton and Northampton we would be on 77 (really like 77.5) and neither of them could get more than 80, so 3 more points would do it.

If we win one and draw the other of the BA and Nptn games, wed be on 75 (75.5) and neither would be able to get past 81.

In other words, still a fair bit to do, as it is not unknown for teams (like Burton or Northampton or Rotherham) to win their last 4 or 5 games (which is great if it us) but it is VERY DANGEROUS TALK to say we are there if we win the next 2 games - 77 points may be enough, but I suspect if won't be.

My own prediction is that we will actually clinch automatic promotion by winning or drawing with Northampton at home in front of a 12,873 crowd on 20th April.

It's looking a whole lot better than 9 days ago before the York match though !:yes:

Sorry I didnt quote you deliberately Newc Valiant. Yes Brad C do have to play Cheltnham at home last day, Rotherham away, Burton away as well so if they still have playoff hopes that is good as they will fight like mad.

Teams like Aldershot will also play out of their skin though, nobody is going to give up their league place without a massive effort.

Advert

Rotherham have a fixture against Exeter as well when we play alsdershot next week. Big night !

If we win our next two against Burton and Aldershot, and Rotherham drop points against Exeter, we will go to Rochdale knowing that a win there will clinch automatic promotion. Mathematically three teams wouldn't be able to finish above us.

All the Sjoke fans at work saying we won't get promoted. Bunch of idiots. They haven't got a clue. I'd love them to lose to villa n love even more for them to go down.

It's quite refreshing actually. I was felling sick with a this 'i hope the vale do well/get promoted' nonsense. I don't want or need their bloomin charity. UTV.

If we win our next two against Burton and Aldershot, and Rotherham drop points against Exeter, we will go to Rochdale knowing that a win there will clinch automatic promotion. Mathematically three teams wouldn't be able to finish above us.

Sounds easy when you say it quick. Aldershot alone will be difficult, partly because if we do beat Burton (and I think we will) then everyone will expect an easy walkover against the Shots, and somehow it rarely happens like that. We will get there though, it's good to be able to discuss the mechanics of how. But there are sure to be some twists and turns left on this road.

Need to beat both Burton & Northampton and I think we will win at least one of Rochdale & Wycombe. 4 points might be enough against Burton & Northampton as long as we beat Aldershot. Overall we need 7 points from 3 home games which is difficult given our overall home form this season.

Maybe something like this ?

Gillingham 84

Port Vale 79

Rotherham 79

Northampton 78

Burton Albion 77

Cheltenham 76

Exeter 74

Brad City 72

Rotherham won't reach 79, thats 5 wins in the last 6 matches. They've only got one point in the last 3 games. Anyway I've read enough of this 'if so an so beat so and so but lose to whats it.' I'll accept what I see in the league table at the moment and move on to the next match.

Archived