onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Help needed: Your 94 promotion memories?

robf

Didnt we score 3 in 2 minutes against wrexham in the 3-0 win?

Yes we did. Kerr scored a belter and then Nicky Cross nicked a couple from Jeffers crosses, the last one being a back heel.

Anyone else remember the amount of toilet roll that used to get chucked from the Bycars?

Advert

Go on you tube and search martin foyle vale legend. His two goals are at the end.

Cheers for that F. S. T. Some great memories from that era. Almost brings a tear to my eyes. We really had some fantastic players in them days.

It's not even in the net is it? I could never work out why they didn't go mad either!

Only thing that could have happened is the net was hooked down like we used to on a Sunday morning, went through a loose bit and bounced back off the advertising boards. Looks pretty much centre of the goal so only way it could have got there was by going in.

I also remember taking thousands to Wrexham and losing 2-0 or 2-1. They had to open up some standing in the home end for us. Also went Fulham around xmas time to watch a dire 0-0. One thing that stands out was a Fulham sub coming on and ran without moving his arms, they were straight down by his side and never moved. Weird the things you remember.

Didnt we score 3 in 2 minutes against wrexham in the 3-0 win?

I can remember the huge following we took to the return match at Wrexham, but can't remember the result.

I picked up a suspected broken rib when Robin van der Laan smashed a ball straight into by chest during the warm-up. Ouch!

The huge amount of fans at Brighton in the rain - standing on the crumbling east terrace and watching Vale fans spill on to the pitch every time we scored - then being worried that it might be penalised by the authorities! Beating Barnet 6 - 0 with 10 men - surely a league record? First ever game I took my niece to, and I remember having to tell her "it isn't always like that love".

And what did Slaven say to wind Beasant up?

Remember at Brighton with every goal we were on the pitch and at the end of the game us on their pitch and their fans clapping us. Me and my mate (we were 12) on the home dugout, great looking at a sea of Vale fans! If my memory serves me correctly too we were last team in engalnd to lose at home and lost only 1 league game, to Reading (with Shaka Hislop in goal)

I was a teenager myself. I remember a few seconds when both fans ran on, and vale fans reacted and ran towards them that it looked like it could go all Peter tong, but good sense prevailed. Ended up climbing into their stand and up into the posh seats (standing on the leather seats) trying to get a shirt only to see them fly over my head.

Enjoy again!

Thank you, my friend. A long way to go but the victory in the replay made it all worthwhile.

Yes - the comment about Slaven not running as fast was as funny as the incident itself!

Blimey - we used to play some cracking football then didn't we?

Thank you, my friend. A long way to go but the victory in the replay made it all worthwhile.

Yes - the comment about Slaven not running as fast was as funny as the incident itself!

Blimey - we used to play some cracking football then didn't we?

Yes we did.

I went to both of those games and got into the Hamil just as Slaven scored. There were so many packed in the Hamil that I could only just about see Slaven take the shot.

At the away tie, we were in a pub before the game and the landlord realised we were Vale fans and asked us if we could relay a message to the team to go easy on Southampton, who were really struggling at the time.

Archived