onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lets pull together to help get us out of this dire league

1977Valiant

Over the last 7 or so games we have seen us go from almost nailled on for promotion to wondering where our next points will come from.

After saturdays game, I really began to question Adams, I couldnt believe what I'd just witnessed in terms of the performance. I didn't go to Bristol last night but listened to it on the radio and last night and it seemed to be more of the same just left me feeling gutted.

I've mostly agreed with some on here, about tactics, player selections etc... and recently I've questioned myself as to if Adams is the right man for the job.

Anyway, this morning after reading the multiple threads on this forum, I came to the following conclusions:-

1) if Adams did go, who out of the available managers (especially at this time of the season) would replace him to guarantee us promotion?

2) we don't just become a bad team over night, we have some good players in the squad, players who when they first signed for the club during the closed season last year, grabbed people's attention making them think that's a decent signing - better than such a such player. Afterall these are the players who have stuck 6 past Rotherham, 5 past Fleetwood etc...

3) yes tactics haven't been good lately but thats not the only reason for the recent slump. That is partly because a number of reasons other than tactics like, the opposition working us out, some players losing form at the wrong time of the season, lack of luck (we've had some bad referees giving dodgy penalties against us, stonewall penalties not given for us, players like loft being sent off, injuries to the likes of Jones, Burge, Hughesy's sickness & Vincent's last night) which have all contributed on on way or another to us dropping points.

4) we've recently signed decent experienced players, players which only 5 months ago we could only dream of signing. The likes of Purse, Hughes & Jones all of which have improved the team in tearms of quality, all of which are valuable ingredients for promotion.

So the way I realistically see it is we all want promotion, we all want to get out of this god awful league. I honestly cant see Micky getting sacked in the near future, the players have lost confidence and need US the SUPPORTERS to pull together and get behind every one at the club from the manager to the players, if we are ALL behind them then for the last 8 cup final games we have left then perhaps, just perhaps we can turn things around and get our wish and be playing League 1 football next season. I know its frustrating for most of you as it is for me at the minute, but the lets be 'glass half full' rather than 'glass half empty', because the more we criticise and get on the managers & players backs less likely we are of getting promotion so lets all draw a line under the last 7 or so games and help in anyway we can over the next 8 games to help us get where we all want to be.

Advert

Over the last 7 or so games we have seen us go from almost nailled on for promotion to wondering where our next points will come from.

After saturdays game, I really began to question Adams, I couldnt believe what I'd just witnessed in terms of the performance. I didn't go to Bristol last night but listened to it on the radio and last night and it seemed to be more of the same just left me feeling gutted.

I've mostly agreed with some on here, about tactics, player selections etc... and recently I've questioned myself as to if Adams is the right man for the job.

Anyway, this morning after reading the multiple threads on this forum, I came to the following conclusions:-

1) if Adams did go, who out of the available managers (especially at this time of the season) would replace him to guarantee us promotion?

2) we don't just become a bad team over night, we have some good players in the squad, players who when they first signed for the club during the closed season last year, grabbed people's attention making them think that's a decent signing - better than such a such player. Afterall these are the players who have stuck 6 past Rotherham, 5 past Fleetwood etc...

3) yes tactics haven't been good lately but thats not the only reason for the recent slump. That is partly because a number of reasons other than tactics like, the opposition working us out, some players losing form at the wrong time of the season, lack of luck (we've had some bad referees giving dodgy penalties against us, stonewall penalties not given for us, players like loft being sent off, injuries to the likes of Jones, Burge, Hughesy's sickness & Vincent's last night) which have all contributed on on way or another to us dropping points.

4) we've recently signed decent experienced players, players which only 5 months ago we could only dream of signing. The likes of Purse, Hughes & Jones all of which have improved the team in tearms of quality, all of which are valuable ingredients for promotion.

So the way I realistically see it is we all want promotion, we all want to get out of this god awful league. I honestly cant see Micky getting sacked in the near future, the players have lost confidence and need US the SUPPORTERS to pull together and get behind every one at the club from the manager to the players, if we are ALL behind them then for the last 8 cup final games we have left then perhaps, just perhaps we can turn things around and get our wish and be playing League 1 football next season. I know its frustrating for most of you as it is for me at the minute, but the lets be 'glass half full' rather than 'glass half empty', because the more we criticise and get on the managers & players backs less likely we are if getting promotion so lets all draw a line under the last 7 or so games and help in anyway we can over the next 8 games to help us get where we all want to be.

Good post.

1977Valiant. Nice post and message.

But some so called Vale fans just love to shout abuse at the players and manager, as it makes them feel important. They hurled abuse when we were top and crusing, so not surprised they are doing it now instead of getting behind the team.

There is a lot of frustration concerning the team at the moment from proper fans. We have been shown that he players are more than capable of playing with confidence and getting Vale out of this league. I know I have dreamt of being in Div 1 and not having the micky taken out of me by others in the higher leagues on camp. I am worried and concerned, but hurling abuse will be counter productive and will not motivate the team at all.

However, the players have lost their way at the moment. Reason could be numerous and it will be mainly down to the players and the coaching staff to sort out.

It is easy to shout and hurl abuse at the players and harder to stay calm and encourage them. We are getting back to the times when the players did not want the ball, as they would pass it and get aload of abuse hurled at them.

Look at Andrew the other day. He was only told by MA's to get ready to come on and so called fans were hurling abuse at him. Not his fault - all he wanted to do was play football. Just because Dodds and Williamson are not MA's love children, he does not pick them.

Now for fans to hurl abuse at this post. Get behind the team and encourage them not abuse them. That way we can motivate them to play better.

True. Only a few weeks left therefore supporters should now just try to affect games the only positive way they can and get behind the team no matter how naffed off this last few weeks has made everyone feel.

The bitching, moaning and dissecting can wait until the end of the season if we don't make it.

Yes, a time to unite and support Mickey and the boys, don't let's kid ourselves, we had a lot of luck early on and several penalties.

The facts are we are getting no luck, nno help fron the officials and are not performing well at present bur we were a very good side in this division and still are if we cam extract this from the players.

Slagging of and booing acheaves nothing at all.

In the last home game after we had shot ourselves in the foot we came back with a far better performance in act2.

Coincidentally the crowd got behind the team and I think we were unlucky not to get a point.

We MUST get the crowd behind the team for 90 minutes in all our final home games as wins against, the shots Cheltenham Northampton and Burton will Guarentee us the promotion place, all at home.

So home form must improve from the team and from the fans.

It's up to us so bring it on!!

1977Valiant. Nice post and message.

But some so called Vale fans just love to shout abuse at the players and manager, as it makes them feel important. They hurled abuse when we were top and crusing, so not surprised they are doing it now instead of getting behind the team.

There is a lot of frustration concerning the team at the moment from proper fans. We have been shown that he players are more than capable of playing with confidence and getting Vale out of this league. I know I have dreamt of being in Div 1 and not having the micky taken out of me by others in the higher leagues on camp. I am worried and concerned, but hurling abuse will be counter productive and will not motivate the team at all.

However, the players have lost their way at the moment. Reason could be numerous and it will be mainly down to the players and the coaching staff to sort out.

It is easy to shout and hurl abuse at the players and harder to stay calm and encourage them. We are getting back to the times when the players did not want the ball, as they would pass it and get aload of abuse hurled at them.

Look at Andrew the other day. He was only told by MA's to get ready to come on and so called fans were hurling abuse at him. Not his fault - all he wanted to do was play football. Just because Dodds and Williamson are not MA's love children, he does not pick them.

Now for fans to hurl abuse at this post. Get behind the team and encourage them not abuse them. That way we can motivate them to play better.

And a so called manager also likes to use the fans as mitigation for the shower of shwite that is on the pitch!!!! Never the less we do all need to pull together and that has to start with Micky engaging the player and the fans alike

Great post and time for us to pull together as fans, something we've sometimes (quit often) failed to do over the last few years. In fighting and moaning will not get us anywhere. At the start of the season if you'd have been offered automatic promotion places with 8 games left we'd all have taken it.

Yes we've been poor recently, but we need to pull behind the manager!

A manager that until the last 6 games we've ALL hailed as having worked miracles!

Am I wrong in thinking that this season, more often than not, when we go behind we often lose the match? 1977Valliant is right in that we have the ammunition to achieve this. It is all about confidence to succeed. That tiger mentality, that want to win has disappeared to tails between legs.

What I like about Vale is that there are no Prima Donnas, just hardcore grafters......one goal early will transpire into a glut. It is all about confidence and that inherently lies with the manager. C'mon Mickster! We WILL fight them on the BEACHES (of Hamil Road, High Lane and Bluestone avenue!)

Agreed 1977. Most of the time I just read the comments on this forum without commenting myself and invariably, I can see all points of view. However, I do firmly believe that Adams has earnt the right to turn this slump around with what he and the team achieved for be first 32 or so games of the season. The time to dissect the season is at the end when the whole club including Micky will have to be appraised to see if everyone did everything they could to achieve their goals. As galling as it definitely would be to miss out on such a big promotion opportunity, we are still 12 months ahead of where I thought we would be going into the season. I am at least now confident that we have the owners in place who will evaluate all the sundry details within the club and act accordingly.

Agreed 1977. Most of the time I just read the comments on this forum without commenting myself and invariably, I can see all points of view. However, I do firmly believe that Adams has earnt the right to turn this slump around with what he and the team achieved for be first 32 or so games of the season. The time to dissect the season is at the end when the whole club including Micky will have to be appraised to see if everyone did everything they could to achieve their goals. As galling as it definitely would be to miss out on such a big promotion opportunity, we are still 12 months ahead of where I thought we would be going into the season. I am at least now confident that we have the owners in place who will evaluate all the sundry details within the club and act accordingly.

Good post bud - you will notice there is a 'thumbs down' figure....sorry mate, I pressed the wrong button - However as the 'negative' button is first reading left to right, is that indicative of our forum in that it's negative before positive?

Look it's really simple - we can't change manager at this stage of the season. We all know that something has gone wrong but we are powerless as supporters to do anything about it. I might have my differences with some of MA's decisions but I baulk at being labelled as a moaner by some of the posters on here. Critisism is allowed it is not a crime.

I hope that we are successful but if not I'll be here next season and I'll reserve my right to express my opinion. And just for the record I never boo anyone who wears the Vale shirt and disagree completely with anyone who does. But referring to the booing of Andrews perhaps it's the booing of the decision to bring him on.

Come on Micky turn it round please!

Part of the reason for the abuse at Adams has been some of his decision making lately.

All fans think they can do a better job but Adams has not helped himself by constantly picking Andrew(even when we needed a goal in the last 2 home games)over Williamson, his pig-headedness not to leave Vincent out when he has clearly been out of form since Xmas and his unwillingness to bring Morsy back earlier.

However personal abuse towards Adams and Andrew are uncalled for.

We are all entitled to our opinion and even though I don't know where our points or goals are coming from I am firmly behind Port Vale, the manager, the board and the players.

I think frustrations are because we have the best chance in years of getting promoted and seem to save our worst performances for our home games.

I still feel we can get automatic promotion and think we have the best squad in the division.

Fans gave their all last season to keep the club going-it is up to the Port Vale staff to give their all and reward us with promotion.

Archived