onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams out

valiant_593

Adams in for me, at least until the end of the season anyway. I said at the beginning of the season i'd judge him at the end, i also said i'd be happy with the playoffs. However, having been in such a strong position for automatics, it would now feel like a failure if we didn't go up. Changing the manager now wouldn't make a difference imo, same players, not enough time. Not only that, if we did change it now, & we still didn't go up, then i'd always wonder what if? What if Adams could of turned around this slump in form & got us up? I'd rather give him & the players the rest of the season now, then analyze whether he deserves to go or not at the end.

I agree with the first bit. Adams did well upon his expensive return. Now it is time for the players and R.Page to show us they want it. If there is to be a promotion - I really believe it is up to them to show us where MA went wrong and what they can do : again.

Advert

Sack Adams and then what??

The last time we sacked a manager in March trying to save the season we put Grew in charge. I dare say thats what would happen again.

The season is over in just over a month.

Unless the owners have already sounded out their man, which i do not believe for one second as im sure they think Adams is the man, then we will not get an immediate replacement.

My idea would be a HUGE clear the air talks with players, management and also a statement to supporters to get behind the club.

Without this our season will go down the pan.

We HAVE to sing from the same hymn sheet. We just have to.

I don't think we were lucky at the start of the season. Last home game the second half we battered the other team. The only issue I have with adams is that he seems a little slow to react. We have a very good team that can get promoted and could I think survive in league one.

We will need to add to the team to be anything other than bottom to mid table in L1.

We have had a bad run of form, but we could get out the other side and win every game till the end of the season. When things go wrong we need to get behind the team, no jump on them. It seems we are now getting the normally calm MA to swear at people because we are abusing him so much.

We now have a couple of dozen penniless anarchists who know sweet fa about anything and a group of rumour mongers and hangers on trying to influence who what when and how to decent hard working business men who've put their hard earned money into the club. Paul Wildes and Norman smurthwaite are the best owners the club has had for a decade and here we have these unspeakables trying to dictate policy, you only have to read some of the tripe to realise that most couldn't run a bath with any degree of success yet here we have them trying to dictate who to dismiss without having a clue as to who would be a suitable replacement and what the outcome of the said dismissal would be.It's obvious that it's not their hard earned that is at risk so all this "advice" is all hot air wind and water. So don't think that a few vociferous rabble rousers speak for the vast majority of supporters because they don't, anti social activists exist everywhere but as a rule empty vessels make most noise.

Whatever Purse's shortcomings of late, we missed his presence at the back tonight. Both goals were down to poor marking, and Purse has always been vocal in organising the defence into where they need to be.

Like last Saturday, the damage was done in the first half...yet we looked even less like scoring tonight.

I'm sorry to say but I think Micky was slightly embarrassed and flattered by our lofty position, as I don't think even he knew how we got to be second and even top for a while.

Lately, he and Grew seem to be chucking any formation and team together in hope more than confidence.

On tonight's showing, the season looks over. Yes, I know it sounds crazy and we are third but we look shot of confidence.

Sack Adams and then what??

The last time we sacked a manager in March trying to save the season we put Grew in charge. I dare say thats what would happen again.

The season is over in just over a month.

Unless the owners have already sounded out their man, which i do not believe for one second as im sure they think Adams is the man, then we will not get an immediate replacement.

My idea would be a HUGE clear the air talks with players, management and also a statement to supporters to get behind the club.

Without this our season will go down the pan.

We HAVE to sing from the same hymn sheet. We just have to.

Agree completely.

We now have a couple of dozen penniless anarchists who know sweet fa about anything and a group of rumour mongers and hangers on trying to influence who what when and how to decent hard working business men who've put their hard earned money into the club. Paul Wildes and Norman smurthwaite are the best owners the club has had for a decade and here we have these unspeakables trying to dictate policy, you only have to read some of the tripe to realise that most couldn't run a bath with any degree of success yet here we have them trying to dictate who to dismiss without having a clue as to who would be a suitable replacement and what the outcome of the said dismissal would be.It's obvious that it's not their hard earned that is at risk so all this "advice" is all hot air wind and water. So don't think that a few vociferous rabble rousers speak for the vast majority of supporters because they don't, anti social activists exist everywhere but as a rule empty vessels make most noise.

Part of my business is to advise others how to run theirs.

Here I can see a business whose product is deteriorating fast, almost on a par with frozen lasagne, a business that has alienated a large section of its customer base and whose income is falling rapidly and is already under the minimum level required to break even.

I have not been satisfied with the product for some time , do not think it is value for money and am probably in one of the darkest places I have been for 50 years.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind what needs to be done , none whatsoever.

Here I can see a business whose product is deteriorating fast, almost on a par with frozen lasagne, a business that has alienated a large section of its customer base and whose income is falling rapidly and is already under the minimum level required to break even.

I have not been satisfied with the product for some time , do not think it is value for money and am probably in one of the darkest places I have been for 50 years.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind what needs to be done , none whatsoever.

I would have to agree with you completely

Some people on here only seem happy when they are moaning, some people are bordering.on moronic. I.don't know if they are on the wind up or really are stupid.

The only stupid ones are those who dont acknowledge that there is a problem. The businesses that recognise the problem and act promptly usually survive , the ostriches fail.

Wildes and Smurf need to get Adams and all the players into a meeting this morning and everything needs to come out in the open and be sorted.

Wildes and Smurf need to rally the troops.

Adams then needs to take the players to the training pitches and work them as hard as he can. By tomorrow he needs to know what his starting 11 will be on Saturday and the players need to be told so they can prepare.

Friday after training the team should travel to York and have a day together to bond.

This is meant to be our year.

Come on!!

What does need to be done Nick? Can you elaborate?

Maybe the huge proportion of the customer base don't turn up because they KNOW £20 isn't value for money.

Nothing needs to be done as we have the best man for the job by far!!!

Supporters who are on a witch hunt need to get real you all know who you are we have the best chance as anyone its all down to us we dont have to rely on other results to help us ITS ALL UP TO US to get behind the lads and Micky for the last 8 games

Time for recriminations is at the end!!

Archived