onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Purse and Chilvers.

Spunk Trumpet

Safest pairing for me by some distance. And fair play to Chilvers, because I never thought I'd say that about him when he re-signed.

I know there seems a bit too much aimless hoof ball from them at times. But, I think that's mainly down to a lack of options in front of them. For me, if Morsy was on the pitch more often, it wouldn't be an issue as he comes to pick it up off them.

Advert

Safest pairing for me by some distance. And fair play to Chilvers, because I never thought I'd say that about him when he re-signed.

I know there seems a bit too much aimless hoof ball from them at times. But, I think that's mainly down to a lack of options in front of them. For me, if Morsy was on the pitch more often, it wouldn't be an issue as he comes to pick it up off them.

exactly

start of the season morsy dropped deep to get the ball off boom/clayt

then adams had an issue, i think down to his disciplinary record, bizarrely we have bought a midfeilder in with a worse one

I thought Mick Cullerton summed it up quite well. Early season Morsy or Shuker came and picked the ball off Neal / defender, neither Loft nor Burge do. Instead of playing it from the back and dragging the opposition forward we have resorted to big hoof which is food and drink to defend. Someone needs to steer the ship from midfield as that got us to second not Purse's boot.

Both too slow.

Too slow for what?

We're in the 2nd division (that's the 4th division if we avoid made-up names that make it sound better than it is) and we kept another clean sheet against one of the best sides in the division.

If they were young and quick and strong and talented and experienced... they wouldn't be playing in this division.

Purse gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Really disappointed with him. Thought he would be out rock. Chilvers wasn't too bad but will never win the fans over at VP, no matter how he plays. A load of fans in the Lorne Street abused his every touch, screening that e was useless and should get off (an then moaning he appeared to lack confidence!) and blamed him for both goals. Even though it was actually Purse at fault for both goals they didn't say a word against him.

Purse gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Really disappointed with him. Thought he would be out rock. Chilvers wasn't too bad but will never win the fans over at VP, no matter how he plays. A load of fans in the Lorne Street abused his every touch, screening that e was useless and should get off (an then moaning he appeared to lack confidence!) and blamed him for both goals. Even though it was actually Purse at fault for both goals they didn't say a word against him.

Vale fans not being capable of seeing what is right in front of them has been a symptom for 10 years.

Archived