onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Purse and Chilvers.

Spunk Trumpet

Apart from a couple of moments of over-elaboration, this site's whipping boy Chilvers had a decent game yesterday.

McComb also had a decent half.

Thought Purse must have been injured, but admire Adams for taking off his "rock" when he'd perfomed like jelly.

I'm sure the yellow card had a big say - the way he was going he would have got a red. Glad he went off either way.

Advert

Chilvers is ok,didn't have too bad a game yesterday.Purse and McCombe can't pass wind,they are Adams' ideal centre halves,hoofers.He may be young and not that experienced but could Joe Davis do any worse? or at least move Duffy across to CH?What a ******* shambles this has become.In Micky We Trust.**** me.

Bring MacDonald back, Him and Mcombe were doing fine before Micky changed it round. If it aint broke you don't fix it.

How can bringing the worst player since slater is not the answer to our problems. If we need another centre half, we need a better one, not another liability.

How can bringing the worst player since slater is not the answer to our problems. If we need another centre half, we need a better one, not another liability.

HAHA What a load of horse ****. Top of the league with Mac says it all. We had two liability's at the back yesterday. The second goal was both there fault. Go take your mouth for a ****.

HAHA What a load of horse ****. Top of the league with Mac says it all. We had two liability's at the back yesterday. The second goal was both there fault. Go take your mouth for a ****.

SO why cant he get into a side fighting relegation in this league? I seriously think you have some sort of problem going on and so will withdraw from this debate out of respect, because no sane person can think mcdonald is a good defender, and mock those that can see how poor he is. Genuinely baffled!

And to think he is the answer to our problems???? Jesus!

McDonald isn't a bad centre half by any means, but he is in no way the answer to our defensive crisis. I would definately have him as 3rd choice centre half - he's still young and can still improve.

Many say that Purse has been a 'rock' at the back. In a few games yes he has. But he has cost us about 5 goals. The fact that he came to us from Plymouth - who were/are struggling in this league - tells me he's not the answer either.

At the moment, McCombe and Chilvers would be my partnership. McCombe rarely puts a foot wrong and Chilvers has had a good few games. However there is no pace there, so many Duffy would be of good use there (not the fastest but faster than anyone else we have there).

I'd like to see Davis go on loan like James to get some experience. Competitive games are far better than reserve games.

For next season - regardless of what league we're in - I don't think I'd keep any of our current defenders, apart from Davis and Jones (I'll count Taylor as a winger - he's so much better going forward). Maybe McCombe and Duffy too but only in league 2.

Don't understand Adams and the way he thinks. Davis came in and made a big error in the cup so he drops him for the rest of the season. Morsy made a rash tackle and got a silly red card so he drops him for about 3 months. Purse made a big error against Oxford but gets a start in the next game!!

No favourites there right Adams!

Our record with Clayton P25 L5 PTS 46 POSITION 2ND Points behind Gills 1 Points ahead of 4th 4

Since then P12 W5 D3 L4 PTS 18 POSITION 2ND Points behindGills 5 Points ahead of 4th 3

Inconclusive but he wouldn't have been any worse thsn Purse or Chilvers yesterday

Archived