onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Purse and Chilvers.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

They look a partnership.

Purse and McCombe on the other hand don't. Purse is always going to be the main centre back, ie the one that goes for the first ball, the leader, the shouty man. McCombe isn't the type of player who can slot in as his partner.

They look a decent partnership and the stats support this, but I still dont feel safe with Chilvers at the back, any striker with pace is going to cause real problems. As ive said on other threads I really liked the look of Duffy and Purse together, but the stats show that Purse and Chilvers do work well together. Seems as though Mccombe has dropped down the pecking order a bit.

They look a decent partnership and the stats support this, but I still dont feel safe with Chilvers at the back, any striker with pace is going to cause real problems. As ive said on other threads I really liked the look of Duffy and Purse together, but the stats show that Purse and Chilvers do work well together. Seems as though Mccombe has dropped down the pecking order a bit.
Darren Purse had the worst game he's had for us tonight,he kept passing the ball to them and as for Chilvers Man of the Match,please do me a favour he's next to useless,McCombe didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday yet he was dropped for tonight and I don't know what hold Calvin Andrew has got on Micky Adams,he was out of his depth on Saturday but he brings him on as a sub tonight,do us all a favour Micky,****** him off.

The defence did well today and needed to. Issue with distribution by Purse was caused by the midfielders not showing and taking the ball which causes him to have to play in to Pope. Long balls risk losing possession more often. Morsy to replace Loft, problem solved.

The defence did well today and needed to. Issue with distribution by Purse was caused by the midfielders not showing and taking the ball which causes him to have to play in to Pope. Long balls risk losing possession more often. Morsy to replace Loft, problem solved.

The problem will not be solved unless they sort the so called wingers out both want dropping to the bench what has williamson done not to get on the pitch.

At least clean sheets guarantee us a point

Tactically Adams has got it wrong in tba last 6 games but if he utilitses his squad and we start scoring again we will start winning again

Same defence Sat 4 me with Griff Shuker or Burge plus Morsy Dodds Pope Hughes or Benji

Wingers need a rest

We r still 2nd,the defence is doing its job

Pass the ball through midfield & we will start winning

Darren Purse had the worst game he's had for us tonight,he kept passing the ball to them and as for Chilvers Man of the Match,please do me a favour he's next to useless,McCombe didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday yet he was dropped for tonight and I don't know what hold Calvin Andrew has got on Micky Adams,he was out of his depth on Saturday but he brings him on as a sub tonight,do us all a favour Micky,****** him off.

Aah, the old "lets criticize Chilvers, no matter what the stats suggest" argument. Well played sir.

Also, people keep going on about the "pace" issue, about our defenders, and of course Chilvers in particular, and as soon as we come up against a pacy striker we'll be in trouble. We must have come up against some pacy strikers by this stage of the season, surely. So i ask one question: how many times, given we're now in March, have we actually been "done" by pace? As far as i can remember, very, very few.

But of course, lets not let the facts get in the way of a good stick to beat Chilvers with, eh.

Another clean sheet.

4 clean sheets in the 6 games they have been paired together.

Superb return.

Its imperative we keep this pairing now in my opinion, especially since the goals have dried up.

Totally agree. Although I don't think McCombe was fully match fit he was woeful v Exeter. The balance is far better with. Left footer (Chilvers) and a right footer (Purse) rather than two right footers.

Even tho they are doing well together i dont understand why purse just kicks it up every time he gets the ball, there was not one time tonight were purse picked out a vale player! We need to start playing the little triangles from the back and start playing football again, and then we will start scoring again! But im not faulting the clean sheets, but i dont like the big boot up as it dosnt get us anywhere in my oppinion!

Aah, the old "lets criticize Chilvers, no matter what the stats suggest" argument. Well played sir.

Also, people keep going on about the "pace" issue, about our defenders, and of course Chilvers in particular, and as soon as we come up against a pacy striker we'll be in trouble. We must have come up against some pacy strikers by this stage of the season, surely. So i ask one question: how many times, given we're now in March, have we actually been "done" by pace? As far as i can remember, very, very few.

But of course, lets not let the facts get in the way of a good stick to beat Chilvers with, eh.

i like the cut of your jib sir. Top post.

Archived