onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

valiant_593

You don't have to be match fit to contribute for 10-20 minutes from e bench.

The fact that Adams has hardly used Birchall is a bit of a strange one.

A change of heart on Adams' part, or he managed to pick up other players he wasn't sure he'd get e.g. Jones, allowing Loft back into midfield?

Advert

Just a question were Port Vale a better team when Shuker and Morsy were in the midfield and did they or did they not get the ball out to the wingers more quickly in order to feed the Pope.

I would say thats what the problem is with the wingers we r too pedestrian in midfield need play Morsy /shuker if playing jmw and Vincent .

Pope needs to be fed if he is hopefully he will score ,would i rest him NO ,not a chance.

The answer to your question is of course: yes.

Either rest him, which I can see reason to or play Hughesy along side him. When Hughesy came on for his 5 minute run out it was then that we looked at our most dangerous. I noticed that when Hughesy came on Bradfords bench reacted and told his team to play deeper leaving Dodds and our other midfielders more space to play into.

It's not the partner of Popes fault he is not scoring it's one of those runs along with the fact that he looks like he is running on empty.

Dropping Vincent and putting Hughesy onto the pitch makes us look alot dangerous as an attacking force, plus Hughesy will contribute more to the game.

4-3-1-2

Neal

Duffy Chilvers Purse Jones

-------Griff----------

Burger---Morsy

------Dodds

--Hughes-Pope-- (Willo for Pope if he is rested.

Vale 2 Southend 0 Hughes with both.

Either rest him, which I can see reason to or play Hughesy along side him. When Hughesy came on for his 5 minute run out it was then that we looked at our most dangerous. I noticed that when Hughesy came on Bradfords bench reacted and told his team to play deeper leaving Dodds and our other midfielders more space to play into.

It's not the partner of Popes fault he is not scoring it's one of those runs along with the fact that he looks like he is running on empty.

Dropping Vincent and putting Hughesy onto the pitch makes us look alot dangerous as an attacking force, plus Hughesy will contribute more to the game.

4-3-1-2

Neal

Duffy Chilvers Purse Jones

-------Griff----------

Burger---Morsy

------Dodds

--Hughes-Pope-- (Willo for Pope if he is rested.

Vale 2 Southend 0 Hughes with both.

I like the look of that side, but it doesn't have much width, i would be inclined to play Jeno - who would offer at least some pace out wide

neal

duffy

purse

chilvers

jones

griff

burge

dodds

JMW

the pontiff

hughesy

In a 4-2-2-2 formation with Dodds drifting wherever the space is to play balls to the front two, or to drive forward. Burge as the creative factor with Griff sitting back doing the dirty work. Jeno almost acting as a third striker out on the left, offering pace and crossing at every opportunity, plus with support from Jones.

Archived