onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

valiant_593

Your right I wasnt but I do know he had chances, 6 games without a goal is it now? He cant stay in the team just because he's a Vale fan.

We wouldn't be where we were if he hadnt scored 25

Others haven't scored for longer than Pope

Do we drop them?

Advert

A goal will do Popey the world of good, he had 3 chances tonight so he's getting in the right positions, Saturday will be the day he returns to goal scoring form.

Must play at the weekend, contributes much more to the team than just goals.

Agree 100%. I'm puzzled by the logic that says the way to end the barren run of a 27-goal striker is to drop him.

9 times out of 10, the keeper would have got nowhere near Pope's header in the first half. 9 times out of 10, that header from Jones' cross in the second half would have gone anywhere but straight down the keeper's throat.

Yeah, his form has dropped off - no question. He looks sluggish and his touch isn't there. But he's still far and away our biggest threat and still does a great deal of hard work for the team. If we do turn the corner again and haul ourselves over the finishing line, I'm certain Pope will have a major part in it.

Popey has to stay in the team, he had 3 great chances last night, earlier in the season he would have scored 2 or 3 last night but the only way we'll start scoring again is with Popey in the team, he just needs to get up and running again, I think the difference is last night he had chances again becuase Dodds was alongside him again, Ideally it would be good if we could get Hughes or Williamson up there aswell with Pope & Dodds whilst Popey is having his lean spell. The service is the main problem here, Vincent & Myrie Williams need to up there games again and start getting to the byline and putting balls back across goal like they did earlier in the season more also we need to play the ball more along the deck from the defence as Chilvers & Purse especially are playing far too many long balls up to Pope.

How sad that a few barren games during the course of a season and most of you lot want Adams out even though we are 2nd with 10 to go!!

I bet he is disappointed as anyone at our barren spell but he should be even more disappointed (And was quite vocally) in some of you lot!!

It works both ways Owd.

I never had you down as so spiteful ST. Listen Spunks when have I said sack Micky Adams?. Don't bother looking because I never have. That said he isn't beyond criticism and deservedly so at times. Last night he picked a better team (Vincent apart) but when he replaced Vincent ,what did he do?. Move Dodds who was having a good game and put him out on the right. After that we lost our most creative midfield player on the night. Then he brought Andrew on playing him in befence! What's that all about???.

Tom Pope is having a lean spell and his confidence has been affected but hey doesn't the guy deserve our support? After all he is working his socks off and get a battering thanks to rubbish refs and still our most likely goal scorer.

Old Sage has said for weeks that the wingers are not performing, he has been proved correct,Adams is not above criticism.
Thank you Mr Carter who ever you are. I glad that someone can see which has been obvious for ages that Vincent and JMW are a luxury item which can only be sustained if they are supplying and banging in the goals. They arent on either count so should be sidelined.

You should rebrand yourself Paul as 'Micky's Minder'. Be careful mate he will let you down. I only ever have criticised MA this season since his fixation with two or three of the squad and lack of tactical nous.

I think you could count on one hand the amount of people who have said 'Adams Out'.Bemused by his team selections and systems when they are clearly not working - Yes.Sack him - nope.ST,Bookworm,Carpetman, please give it a rest, it's ****ing boring.Tom will score on Saturday,get your money on it.

Old Sage has said for weeks that the wingers are not performing, he has been proved correct,Adams is not above criticism.

No one can argue that our flying wingers are not performing and havent done since November.

We were scoring for fun Aug to Oct and the wingers played the biggest part in supplying Pope.

Was it a one off spell - My opinion YES and reality has set in with them.

One other part of their game where they let us down completely.

They both seem to be happy to stand infront of their marker and wait for the pass to feet.

There is no movement from them at all.

Last night in a ten min spell second half - Dodds ran through with the ball 4 times

Yes a midfielder actually running forward with the ball.

Twice the pass was perfect for Vincent to motor down the wing and the ball

be played inside the full back. Did Vincent move NO

Where did Dodds go - No where because he had no options. No one moved

One chance came from it the other 3 breaks were wasted

There is so little movement we always pass it back to Purse - previous to Purse

[ Mccombe McDonald Owen Chilvers etc etc ] and we are lucky if the ball ends up

anywhere near Pope. What chance has Pope got. Its no wonder center backs are

having a ball against him.

** One point here , i know Pope gets a lot of stick from center backs and many people

are quick to call for fouls but Pope must be stronger and must fight. Does he have the strength ?

If our wingers dont improve we will not get promoted.

We shouldnt be happy facing the play offs, we will struggle to the end

There will be a feature on Tom Pope on Sunday night in the Midlands edition of Late Kick Off.The programme will be shown immediately after MOTD2.

This Saturday's match against Southend will be an ideal time for Popey to discover his scoring form.

If their a striker yes.

if they put the graft in and create chances as Tom does you would never think of dropping them. Playing up front isn't just about scoring. In my umble opinion Tom worked his socks off alone, again last night and if not for the save of the season would have scored. As a team we battled well in a really tough game (some people seem to forget there is another team out there with their own adgenda) and Tom doesn't half take a battering week in week out but still goes in for more

Archived