onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

valiant_593

It has been written more than once that Pope can't play along side Hughes.

But he ain't scoring when not along side of Hughes.

Tom is off form, give him a rest and try Hughes on his own up front with Dodds and Williamson in support..

Advert

Mikey rest Pope for 2 games at this stage of the season - dont make me laugh.

He just needs a bit of luck and a keeper not to be making world class saves apparently.

What i want to know is did we play well and did we deserve a win, a draw, or to lose?

No we didn't play well and a point was the most we deserved out of another frustrating game. Their keeper made one good save but went untroubled for most of the game. Pope should have scored near the end but tried to showboat instead of smashing it in, and he wasted a further chance with a stupid chip when Dodds was wide-open on the penalty spot.

Thanks SV - just as we missed that Benson was scoring for Cheltenham.

I just believe we are better than teams like Southend, Bristol Rovers and York etc and still think that one win and a goal for Pope and Hughes will see us comfortably on the way to the top.

I hope you are right Dave, I'm not so sure though.

York- new manager

Bristol- picked up recently and tough place to go.

Chesterfield - will want to stop us going up.

Rochdale - horrible side who Will kick is all game

Wycombe - it won't come down o that will it ??

Maybe its not so much a break he needs, maybe its a wake up call...make him realise that he isnt first choice just because he's top scorer.i'm sorry but if he's missing as many as he has done just lately then its time to be dropped.

at the same time though, surely its no coincidence that he was scoring when he was on his own upfront...

Pope was poor tonight but it doesn't help him when we just lump 60 yard balls up to him and expect him to win headers with no one round him all night. The service into him is awful.

The header does half just hit him and the keeper pulled off a worldie save.

The one that he should have buried was the shot last minute when Hughes brilliantly flicked it into his path and he tried to **** about taking two touches and curl it in. If that had been Hughes it would of been laces through the ball and bang; goal!!!!

Something has to change because we don't look like winning a game and we have another tough one Saturday!

We're struggling and I can't see a way out of this sadly.

Play off for us!

What I meant to say was thought Popey did well tonight and a world class save denied him

It was a great save no doubt about that mate, I just feel earlier in the season everything Tom hit, headed whatever went in and thts the reason he's scores that many goals!

He's out of form and can't buy a goal.

The one last minute when Hughes flicked it and he should have buried that from a 27 goal marksman but he tried to be clever and take 2/3 touches and bend it in the corner!

Hughes would have smashed it and scored!

If we constantly lump high balls up to Tom from the back, then we won't get many goals from now till the end of season, and we will fail to get what we all thought would happen.

How sad that a few barren games when he has had no protection from woeful refs and most of you lot want Tom dropped. I bet he is disappointed as anyone at his barren spell but he should be even more disappointed in some of you lot!

Archived