onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

valiant_593

Advert

Pope's top game is probably more devastating than Richards', but as people have already said, there's absolutely no comparison career-wise - Richards has been far superior, despite significant injury issues. Pope just hasn't been professional enough to reach that peak. We've seen flashes of it this season, but now he seems to have gone backwards (mysteriously after signing a new contract).

Since when have sjoke fans been an authority on goal scorers ?

He has still scored more than your entire team.

How many has Rico scored this season ?

What the hell has this thread got to do with SCFC ??

I am just giving an honest opinion as i can look in from the outside......if you dont agree then fine but just debate the point eh

Pope's top game is probably more devastating than Richards', but as people have already said, there's absolutely no comparison career-wise - Richards has been far superior, despite significant injury issues. Pope just hasn't been professional enough to reach that peak. We've seen flashes of it this season, but now he seems to have gone backwards (mysteriously after signing a new contract).

I'd linked it to Hughes signing but hadn't thought it was when he signed the contract.

And he is definitely a better player than Richards in my opinion. Much more of a team player

I feel Pope is a Victim of Adams tactics.........And as far as i am concerned HE is trying to hard..........

I agree that hes trying very hard and you could be right about the tactics as well, but even so 8 games without a goal and had numerous chances tonight and missed, I just feel that its maybe time to try hughesy up front with dodds or williamson and give pope a rest.

Could get slated for this, but is it time to give him a rest, hes played all season without fail and may need to be rested. Also we can no longer blame the other strikers for Popes misfiring, hes played with Andrew, Dodds, Hughes and Williamson and hasnt scored in 8. Just think its maybe time for him to have a rest and try something else up top. Tin hat ready.

sadly I have to agree. Give him a couple of games rest and watch the difference.

Mikey rest Pope for 2 games at this stage of the season - dont make me laugh.

He just needs a bit of luck and a keeper not to be making world class saves apparently.

What i want to know is did we play well and did we deserve a win, a draw, or to lose?

Pope was poor tonight but it doesn't help him when we just lump 60 yard balls up to him and expect him to win headers with no one round him all night. The service into him is awful.

The header does half just hit him and the keeper pulled off a worldie save.

The one that he should have buried was the shot last minute when Hughes brilliantly flicked it into his path and he tried to **** about taking two touches and curl it in. If that had been Hughes it would of been laces through the ball and bang; goal!!!!

Something has to change because we don't look like winning a game and we have another tough one Saturday!

We're struggling and I can't see a way out of this sadly.

Play off for us!

Mikey rest Pope for 2 games at this stage of the season - dont make me laugh.

He just needs a bit of luck and a keeper not to be making world class saves apparently.

What i want to know is did we play well and did we deserve a win, a draw, or to lose?

No we didn't deserve to win at all.

Gary jones was the best player on the park and they will feel like they've missed a great chance to get all 3 points tonight.

The only good thing is tht we've picked a point up. I'm not looking forward to Saturday.

The wingers yet again did naff all for me, no crosses in for pope, nothing!

Thanks SV - just as we missed that Benson was scoring for Cheltenham.

I just believe we are better than teams like Southend, Bristol Rovers and York etc and still think that one win and a goal for Pope and Hughes will see us comfortably on the way to the top.

He was very efficient in scoring off chances, at one time something like 50%. But if the chances dry up, the pressure increases to score off every one, especially for a supporter himself who wants promotion. A way has to be found to increase his chances, which is the only way to restore his confidence. In a squad system it is easy to rest players, does Rooney play every game? But nobody thought of resting Pope, it would have caused uproar, especially without alternatives, although it is different now. It is MA`s job to solve the problem, before it becomes a disaster.

Archived