onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What Alternative?

Yukon

Alright, I can except that some people do not want Mo to buy the club and are pro- V2001. It is their opinion and they are entitled to it, although I do not agree. What I would like to know, without this thread turning into a slanging match, is the reasons why they feel V2001 are the way forward and why Mo isn't. I'm not going to argue, I am just interested. Please though do not rely on one of the rumours concerning Mo's bid that are simply not true- for example that he wants to sell the ground for development etc.

Wind up merchants, please do not bother, thanks

Advert

Some may not want to take the risk that inevitably comes with the change of owner. Ask Stockport fans if they still think they should have sold to Brian Kennedy? Ask Chester fans if they still think they should have sold to Steven Vaughan? Liverpool with Gillett and Hicks, because they weren't the current owners. United with Glazer because he wasn't McManus and Magnier? Yet the vast majority of fans of those clubs supported those people when they joined.

For my part, I want V2001 out, and I am happier with the bid now Mark Sims is on board. Some people are naturally more resistant to change though, I dare say we will find out in due course.

All I will ask though is, why do people believe that a change of owner equals definite promotion? How long have these people been watching football, it doesn't work like that!?!

Some may not want to take the risk that inevitably comes with the change of owner. Ask Stockport fans if they still think they should have sold to Brian Kennedy? Ask Chester fans if they still think they should have sold to Steven Vaughan? Liverpool with Gillett and Hicks, because they weren't the current owners. United with Glazer because he wasn't McManus and Magnier? Yet the vast majority of fans of those clubs supported those people when they joined.

For my part, I want V2001 out, and I am happier with the bid now Mark Sims is on board. Some people are naturally more resistant to change though, I dare say we will find out in due course.

All I will ask though is, why do people believe that a change of owner equals definite promotion? How long have these people been watching football, it doesn't work like that!?!

CV. I think only the naive believe that change of owner = promotion.

Personally, I think there's at least 2 years in League Two and 3 in League One if Mo is looking for the Championship in 5 years. The level of reform required at the club will demand that the people are patient whilst the necessary foundations are built for stability in the future.

I see Mark Sims as key. Thereafter I see the CEO lined up to come in as key. Mo for me is the 3rd most important person in the package - someone with cash who can provide the club with sufficient financial stability to allow the key individuals to rebuild the club.

As has been said many times now, in the football league I dare say 80% plus of clubs would be snapping off Mark and Mo's hands at the moment to get the deal done.

V2001 have always claimed their role was to see the club through to a substantial investment position, one that abided by their absurd ruling on investment percentages and an investor or investors who could be trusted with the future of the club.

To me, all the boxes are ticked now that Mark Sims is on board. The question therefore is why are the board continuing to procrastinate? Something doesn't add up does it?

As for alternatives, the only one I can see having any chance of occurring is administration and then perhaps a beauty parade of investors in front of an administrator - those type of scenarios always seem to attract some interest but would we get a bona fide investor in that circumstance? Who knows.

A dangerous route to go down, and IMHO I think it would end in the same result with Mo and Mark in charge.

Have to agree with that. As much a M&M would be a welcome fresh wind through the club, 1.2m in new equity only goes so far. In terms of the 5 year plan to the championship, its just an extra 250k a year. Is this realistic?

Its nice cash to have, obviously, but easily wasted on one or two bad signings. People need to reign in their expectations of what can really be achieved on such limited spends.

TLB posted somewhere that £5 million was set aside for the first three years or something.

That extra, upto 3.8m, is a loan, to replace the council loans etc. This will benefit cash flows by being interest free, which will help.

Mo has stated clearly he is not going to load the club up with more debt.

Have to agree with that. As much a M&M would be a welcome fresh wind through the club, 1.2m in new equity only goes so far. In terms of the 5 year plan to the championship, its just an extra 250k a year. Is this realistic?

Its nice cash to have, obviously, but easily wasted on one or two bad signings. People need to reign in their expectations of what can really be achieved on such limited spends.

To be perfectly honest, I'd have Mo and Mark with the £1.2 million and nowt else because I think they will bring about a complete change in the culture of the club. I don't for one minute believe they will give out jobs as favours to mates. I don't believe they will let their mates do any work needed at the club for unnecessarily high cost. I don't believe we will see a culture of racism and sexism at the club with those two in charge. That to me is worth just as much as the cash.

To be perfectly honest, I'd have Mo and Mark with the £1.2 million and nowt else because I think they will bring about a complete change in the culture of the club. I don't for one minute believe they will give out jobs as favours to mates. I don't believe they will let their mates do any work needed at the club for unnecessarily high cost. I don't believe we will see a culture of racism and sexism at the club with those two in charge. That to me is worth just as much as the cash.

Totally agree Jacko, but not of that gets us to the championship. I am happy with that, but some people seem to think that new ownership will see the return of the rudge era glory days. I'm not convinced that will be the case. Championship in 5 years. Right now, I will give it a 3% chance of happening.

With 1.2m and new owners, I will go as high as 8%.

Totally agree Jacko, but not of that gets us to the championship. I am happy with that, but some people seem to think that new ownership will see the return of the rudge era glory days. I'm not convinced that will be the case. Championship in 5 years. Right now, I will give it a 3% chance of happening.

With 1.2m and new owners, I will go as high as 8%.

I don't care if we don't make the Championship in five years. I just want a club to be proud of again rather than ashamed of.

I don't care if we don't make the Championship in five years. I just want a club to be proud of again rather than ashamed of.

Again, I agree. The original point made above, that i replied to, was one of overly high expectations on behalf of some fans as to what difference, on the pitch, the new owners will make and how quickly.

I understand why Mo sells his bid with talk of two promotions in 5 seasons - its ambition that we want to hear. But lets be honest, its unlikely to really happen with the funds being made available. Im all for giving it a shot, but I certainly won't be expecting it.

Far more important than the money, would be getting the right manager in from the start. If they get that right, well, i reserve the right to change my mind.... :)

M&M are the least risk, thier money will tide us over, but the main thing is their expertise, and youthful vigour. To leave things as they are is a high risk, we lurch from season to season with a declining budget, things will only get worse. We were lucky with Adams, otherwise we would have struggled this season, as the results since December have shown.

Same here. No-one with any common sense will believe that the change of ownership guarantees a complete turn round the clubs fortunes in 5 years to get to the Championship. Mo and co don't yet know the real financial state of the club to make promises like that.

All it is is a target. I'd be happy with top half of L1 in 5 years, with it being obvious that things are going in the right direction on and off the pitch.

The main thing for me is to get the club and the supporters united again and for the team to improve year on year. What I'd also like to see is some stability in the key positions - chairman, CEO and manager.

If you go back to when <ovf censored> took over from LLyod as chairman. The secret of the transformation of Port Vale was a bit of stability and SLOW build up to success. I think if todays short term fans were around back then Rudgy might not have made it to the Macclesfield game as there would have been protests against him for weeks.

PATIENCE is the key word Rome wasn't built in a day. Some signings to improve the squad as we go along. A manager with a plan is also needed. Oh yeh campaign to get rid of Agents and this ****ing stupid transfer window ******** should be high on the list of the chairman.

It's also quite interesting to know that within about 10 days of Mo's bid going public, LB was contacted by no less than nine clubs begging for Mo to invest in them.

Can you provide us with one shred of evidence to support this claim )link off the intenet etc etc)

And I don't include any PR ***** that the Legal Begal and Chandry have stated.

One single shred of evidence to support ludicrous this claim ...

Archived