What are you listening to right now?

blinkme

To this day I still play my best of Cream album which I've had since around 1970 and it's got fancy writing all over cover that I did at that time ! Still reminds me of going to the Hollywood music festival in Leycett, Newcastle and Ginger Baker playing until some ungodly hour in the morning.....oh take me back please.🤣😂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2017 at 09:44, JOHNNYAITCH said:

Ah..that sort of duo :wink:

Actually I remember years ago a band called Sky (serious musicians) doing a single based on it..it is awesome as were Sky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_(band)

n 1980, Sky recorded and released their second album, Sky 2 - a double album that built upon its predecessor's success (becoming the tenth highest selling album in Britain that year). The album included Monkman's side-long rock suite "FIFO" (a piece inspired by computer processing, stands for "First In, First Out") and four classical pieces including three established chamber music pieces (played entirely straight) and the band's souped-up electric treatment of Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor". The latter was released as a single (under the name "Toccata") and reached number 5 in the national pop charts, giving the band the opportunity of performing on Top Of The Pops.

No idea what else has been put on here, of if I'm a bit of the younger side of the website, but the new The Strokes album is rather good and a return to form for one of the better bands of this century.

There's no good reason why I shouldn't be into the Strokes, I think if I was a couple of years younger they would have caught me at the right time.

Been listening to a lot of 6 Music now that I'm working* from home. Very happy that Keaveny is working this week. Three bands that are interesting me at the moment are The Big Moon, Working Mens Club and a Canadian band called Pottery.

I've seen the Tim Burgess stuff on twitter and, although I've not followed the sessions themselves, I've listened to a lot of the albums he's put on there.

Discovered the Slow Readers Club, Trampolene and Steven Wilson today. Very much enjoyed.

Also You Wouldnt Do This At Home by Billy Bragg from the early 90s.