What are you listening to right now?

blinkme

51 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Fabulous song by Kane Brown - Good as You.

Me and my wife are both well in to our 50's and love the new country stuff, not to be confused with the old country and western. Can't understand why this stuff isn't played on regular radio, as it's very contemporary and wouldn't sound out of place.

The last four years we been to see quite a number of the current big American stars and the one thing that they all have in common is that they are, or are backed, by amazing musicians. 

Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but if you're fed up of listening to 80's stuff  it want to listen to new music, then check out some new country and you might just find something you like. 

BTW, it usually goes well on a nice summers day with an ice cold beer, as most song do tend to include alcohol. 

Edited by Old fort
Typo

22 hours ago, Old fort said:

Me and my wife are both well in to our 50's and love the new country stuff, not to be confused with the old country and western. Can't understand why this stuff isn't played on regular radio, as it's very contemporary and wouldn't sound out of place.

The last four years we been to see quite a number of the current big American stars and the one thing that they all have in common is that they are, or are backed, by amazing musicians. 

Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but if you're fed up of listening to 80's stuff  it want to listen to new music, then check out some new country and you might just find something you like. 

BTW, it usually goes well on a nice summers day with an ice cold beer, as most song do tend to include alcohol. 

Some great modern (and old) country songs and artists about, wish I knew more. Martina McBride - Broken Wing and Luke Bryan - What makes you Country a couple of examples and Carrie Underwood is an incredible artist.

On our bucket list to go to Nashville, Tn,  home of Country Music in the USA.

About 12 months ago there was a superb Docuseries on tv over here about Country Music from it's inception, The Carter Family/Jimmie Rogers to the modern day era and how the music was shaped by events in the USA, don't know if it's available in the UK  but worth a gander if you can find it.

19 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Some great modern (and old) country songs and artists about, wish I knew more. Martina McBride - Broken Wing and Luke Bryan - What makes you Country a couple of examples and Carrie Underwood is an incredible artist.

On our bucket list to go to Nashville, Tn,  home of Country Music in the USA.

About 12 months ago there was a superb Docuseries on tv over here about Country Music from it's inception, The Carter Family/Jimmie Rogers to the modern day era and how the music was shaped by events in the USA, don't know if it's available in the UK  but worth a gander if you can find it.

If you have got the Tune in radio app you can search and listen to loads of country stations from the US, many of which are live. You then get to know the latest artists and music. Also on Sunday afternoons from 2 till 4, Signal2 broadcast Chris Country which is one of the National country stations that broadcast on DAB

Davo666 had never heard of Disturbed but was listening to the radio this week and they played Sound of Silence by them  , the old Simon and Garfunkel song . A very dark version. A neighbour just lent me a King Crimson live cd, trying to get my head around it.
Sound of Silence is absolutely brilliant !!

6 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Must admit I wasn't a big Northern Soul fan but it comes on Saturday at 6pm after radio stokes sports prog finishes. I am now a regular listener.

The thing about Northern is that it's a broad church, drawing music from various genres, 60's beat, pop, and garage etc plus obviously soul from the 60's to current. Much of it is very instant, with a good hook, so often the tunes have a wide appeal.

It's a great show and you won't meet a nicer guy than Richard, who's knowledge is second to non.

It goes without saying that there's a great Northern Soul heritage in this area.  The radio program is nothing new, wev'e had Mary Fox presenting, and prior to her it was Dave Evison.

Richard doesn't tend play many of the slower jams on his show, which is a shame.