blinkme

What are you listening to right now?

19 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

The last will and testament of Jake Thackray. Brilliant.

Lah Di Dah is a tremendous track, eloquently put ennui and affection in one song.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:21, Paul6754 said:

Fantastic, timeless music being played RS by Richard Stirling on his Norther Soul Show , old Twisted Wheel records.

Must admit I wasn't a big Northern Soul fan but it comes on Saturday at 6pm after radio stokes sports prog finishes. I am now a regular listener.

6 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Must admit I wasn't a big Northern Soul fan but it comes on Saturday at 6pm after radio stokes sports prog finishes. I am now a regular listener.

The thing about Northern is that it's a broad church, drawing music from various genres, 60's beat, pop, and garage etc plus obviously soul from the 60's to current. Much of it is very instant, with a good hook, so often the tunes have a wide appeal.

It's a great show and you won't meet a nicer guy than Richard, who's knowledge is second to non.

It goes without saying that there's a great Northern Soul heritage in this area.  The radio program is nothing new, wev'e had Mary Fox presenting, and prior to her it was Dave Evison.

Richard doesn't tend play many of the slower jams on his show, which is a shame.

To this day I still play my best of Cream album which I've had since around 1970 and it's got fancy writing all over cover that I did at that time ! Still reminds me of going to the Hollywood music festival in Leycett, Newcastle and Ginger Baker playing until some ungodly hour in the morning.....oh take me back please.🤣😂

• Like 1

Only just discovered this Samantha Fish, but she’s blew my mind away ! Posted one earlier, but just had to share this one.Apologies if people are already aware of her, but wow ! 

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Not easy to get this tune and the lyrics out of your head.

Pretty easy really. It is crap.

I'm currently listening to the neighbours to the right of us dog bark constantly, the neighbours to the left of us shouting at each other in Polish and the wife ordering me around and constantly finding me jobs to do 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

Pretty easy really. It is crap.

Bit like your knowledge of viruses.....

Yet another childish, needless, snide comment, get a grip of yourself.

... not that this will strike a chord with many (if any!) other Vale fans, but following on from Miranda Lambert, I'm well into the Pistol Annies and they are regularly on my CD player (I'm old!)

Currently on a deserted A1 making my way to Middlesbrough listening to one of my favourite acts.

Check out the tall guy in white pumps. He must be the only bloke who!s a worse dancer than me ! Or is that the idea ? 

Before my Mrs lucked out and married me, she used to use Bright House and took great pleasure in their closure the other day.

Here's her tribute

Edited by Gungho_ED
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gungho_ED said:

Before my Mrs lucked out and married me, she used to use Bright House and took great pleasure in their closure the other day.

Here's her tribute

Brilliant !

But remind me never to upset her !

• Haha 1