What are you listening to right now?

blinkme

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps it is old age, but I'm almost fully convinced now that there is very little worth listening to after about 1986.

A few exceptions but the 90's were lacking in anything innovative (Britpop was a poor revival of mid-60s mod stuff) and then it got worse after 2000 and continues to worsen.

Loads of younger music fans won't buy recent stuff and prefer going back to discover the treasures of the late 60s, 70's and some 80's stuff which proves my point a bit.

On this sad day just a reminder of how good things can be.

The magnificent and gorgeous Anna Netrebko and two dudes singing one of the most famous arias in Operette, Lehar's, You are my heart's desire. Just fabulous.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Perhaps it is old age, but I'm almost fully convinced now that there is very little worth listening to after about 1986.

A few exceptions but the 90's were lacking in anything innovative (Britpop was a poor revival of mid-60s mod stuff) and then it got worse after 2000 and continues to worsen.

Loads of younger music fans won't buy recent stuff and prefer going back to discover the treasures of the late 60s, 70's and some 80's stuff which proves my point a bit.

I've just read Dappy's ********! Can we bring him back so I can cane his close minded, unproven nonsense without doing it behind his back?

I'm bang into the new stiff from Arcade Fire and how the fup I missed Blossoms is beyond me! I saw them play a couple of weeks ago and have batterd the album and their Glasto performances since. What a great band.

I'm also liking Liam Gallagher's new stuff too.

Alt-J Relaxer

Royal Blood - new one

Fleet foxes - new one

Also just hammered radiohead again after glasto. Awesome band who just keep getting better I think.

Just ordered the special vinyl edition of OKNOTOK off their website. Did question my own sanity after paying £100 for an album I bought for a tenner 20 years ago but I've had all their other special editions so far. Love that record too!

Alt-J Relaxer

Royal Blood - new one

Fleet foxes - new one

Also just hammered radiohead again after glasto. Awesome band who just keep getting better I think.

Just ordered the special vinyl edition of OKNOTOK off their website. Did question my own sanity after paying £100 for an album I bought for a tenner 20 years ago but I've had all their other special editions so far. Love that record too!

What's that Alt-J album like? I quite liked the first one, didn't mind the second but have heard quite poor reports of the most recent one.

What's that Alt-J album like? I quite liked the first one, didn't mind the second but have heard quite poor reports of the most recent one.

I really like it.

Not heard any of their other stuff, bar the odd one, so I couldn't really compare it.

The albums called Relaxer and it does live up to that. Mostly fairly chilled out. I do like the mix of styles they get into the songs. There's actually a cover of House Of The Rising Sun on there. Certainly not heard it done that way before!

Its an interesting listen.