onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What are you listening to right now?

blinkme

Advert

There's no good reason why I shouldn't be into the Strokes, I think if I was a couple of years younger they would have caught me at the right time.

Been listening to a lot of 6 Music now that I'm working* from home. Very happy that Keaveny is working this week. Three bands that are interesting me at the moment are The Big Moon, Working Mens Club and a Canadian band called Pottery.

I've seen the Tim Burgess stuff on twitter and, although I've not followed the sessions themselves, I've listened to a lot of the albums he's put on there.

Discovered the Slow Readers Club, Trampolene and Steven Wilson today. Very much enjoyed.

Also You Wouldnt Do This At Home by Billy Bragg from the early 90s.

On 20/04/2020 at 07:50, RailwayRowdy said:

Here’s one for any Place or Sammi Belle’s veterans out there !

I’ll bet even Jacko danced around her handbag to this ! 🤣🤣🤣

Got the extended version on the finger stick in my car RR, have to make sure I take my foot of the accelerator, great, great dance song......am dancin' now.

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Got me goin'' now, these two songs by GQ were Place classics.

You do realise Paul that this music was the start of what has now led to two total knee replacements !

As a Wolstanton lad my haunt was the Placemate and two things have always confused me. Firstly,  who thought it would be a good idea to put a pond in a disco and secondly how in God’s name did the goldfish survive ?

Just two of life’s mysteries. 

I'm currently listening to the sound of my travel company( Trailfinders) frantically avoiding paying me back money for the return flights from New Zealand they cancelled . Which wasn't great as we were over there at the time and then had to pay again for return flights. Have even quoted their own terms and conditions back to them detailing their responsibilities, not interested. Ah well at least I booked a package holiday with a reputable travel company , Oops wont make that mistake again.

Sorry bitter rant over , back on message. Hank Marvins Gold LP . My first guitar hero.

18 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

You do realise Paul that this music was the start of what has now led to two total knee replacements !

As a Wolstanton lad my haunt was the Placemate and two things have always confused me. Firstly,  who thought it would be a good idea to put a pond in a disco and secondly how in God’s name did the goldfish survive ?

Just two of life’s mysteries. 

Ouch RR, knee's are supposed to be more painful than hips. I was a Placemate (then it became Sammi Belles), Place, Cheshire Cat and later on Maxims regular to, usually went to each on a different night, only night there was nowhere to go was Tuesday. In those days Stoke-on-Trent/Nantwich nightlife was brilliant.

There was also Placemate II on Whitworth St in Manchester where the old Twitsed Wheel was, went there a few times but not as good as the original Placemate.

5 hours ago, geoff1 said:

oh that's that bloke that slaughtered times they are a changing the Dylan classic , on tv the other night.

More than likely. Personally, I can't stand him and think he is utterly talentless. IMO of course. No doubt others will disagree, but differing opinions make for a more lively forum!

Archived