onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do we deserve to go up?

Nottingham Valiant

Yes we do. We have scored goals for fun before these last few games and to consider where we were at the start of the season, no one would of expected us to be in this position. Our players have give there everything but maybe it is time to go back to doing what we did best and whipping ball in to pope as well as dodds being that creative spark. 20 more points should see us up. Dont get on the players backs as we are still in a great position to go up. UTV

Advert

And this helps us to achieve promotion how? By adding pressure and knocking the confidence of the players? Why can't we be constructive in our support and try and see the team over the finish line. Save your "I told you so's" for the end of April.

I never mentioned it helping us gain promotion. How does it knock the confidence of the players unless they come on here? And if they lose confidence by reading a few negative comments on a forum then there really is no hope. My point is that after the start we have had and the caliber of players signed we cant mess this up.

So basically you are an happy clapper who makes 140 mile journeys to watch a team that you calls tries their best but aint got no bottle to fight when it counts, and you expect this kind of drivel to fetch fans back

No, I am a fan of 25 years who makes that journey about 10-14 times a season to support my hometown team. I am as delighted and surprised as anyone else would have been at the start of the season with our current position and I expect us to go up. Last night was crap but nothing like as crap as we were watching 3-4 years ago, or indeed for pretty much the last 17 years. We have a decent manager although he has limitations - as all league 2 managers do - that's why they're in league 2.

What i don't understand is the massive over-reaction to losses and the negative, moaning atmosphere at VP - anyone else wondering why we are better away than at home? The lardies down the road apparently have their gripes with Pulis but on the last couple of games i've seen them play on TV i've heard nothing but vocal positive support for the team during the match, something sadly lacking at VP. Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their opinion but can we try and keep it a little more positive during matches?

I'd say the fans deserve promotion more than anyone. Despite the protestations of some they will stop going etc, this is simply heat of the moment comments. These same fans have been here for yeas, put up with all the crap served on us by V2001 and fought to rid the club of this vermin. Regardless of what you think of fans comments on here, they are fans, they do love the club, they put money into the club, they've fought to keep the club alive. So instead of fan bashing, maybe we should look somewhere else.

Absolutely brilliant spot on

To many, MA is above criticism, despite his obvious tactical limitations. Why is that so? Why are fellow fans, who've stayed with the club for years be fair game, but nothing can be said when MA drops a big pair of hairy balls? I don't get it. The fans were here before MA, they were here when he walked out on us, and they'll be here after he leaves, but they are the ones who aren't loyal to Port Vale?

So in a nutshell, yes, promotion is the least our fans deserve.

No, I am a fan of 25 years who makes that journey about 10-14 times a season to support my hometown team. I am as delighted and surprised as anyone else would have been at the start of the season with our current position and I expect us to go up. Last night was crap but nothing like as crap as we were watching 3-4 years ago, or indeed for pretty much the last 17 years. We have a decent manager although he has limitations - as all league 2 managers do - that's why they're in league 2.

What i don't understand is the massive over-reaction to losses and the negative, moaning atmosphere at VP - anyone else wondering why we are better away than at home? The lardies down the road apparently have their gripes with Pulis but on the last couple of games i've seen them play on TV i've heard nothing but vocal positive support for the team during the match, something sadly lacking at VP. Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their opinion but can we try and keep it a little more positive during matches?

well said sums it up lovely duck, or is that love ? :D

Yes you are right, sorry, please accept my apologies. I mean, no manager in League 2 has managed to nullify the threat of Tom Pope this season, but Micky managed it with the simple tactic of playing him up front with Calvin Andrew. I know genius when I see it and bow to his superior knowledge.

The lardies down the road apparently have their gripes with Pulis but on the last couple of games i've seen them play on TV i've heard nothing but vocal positive support for the team during the match, something sadly lacking at VP. Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to their opinion but can we try and keep it a little more positive during matches?

Pulis would never ever criticise the fans as Adams did last week,he understands the need to keep everyone on side even if he knows they are wrong he would never say so.

Yes you are right, sorry, please accept my apologies. I mean, no manager in League 2 has managed to nullify the threat of Tom Pope this season, but Micky managed it with the simple tactic of playing him up front with Calvin Andrew. I know genius when I see it and bow to his superior knowledge.

:D

Archived