onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do we deserve to go up?

Nottingham Valiant

I think I agree with you, it just ****** me off when I see some comments on here about sacking Adams and the same idiots booing the team off when we are 2nd in the league. Adams has his limitations, no doubt, that is fairly clear to most. However, he's also the first manager in an age to get us in a position to get promoted and that's good enough for me right now. By all means, if we balls it up and don't get promotion then criticise all you like, even have a boo at the last home game. But for the next few weeks it would be nice if the fans as a whole can put in a positive contribution rather than what happened last night.

I don't boo at matches, I have a go at people that do to be honest. However, reserve the right as a paying customer to discuss/debate/criticise etc in the pub, on social networks or a public forum. It's always happened, Pre-Internet fans went to the pub and discussed the game, what they would change etc. This is no difference, so why are people being accused of being not proper fans, keyboard warriors etc?

If we don't go up, one thing is for certain, it won't be because of the fans discussions on OVF, it'll be down to the actions of one man, and one man only. Adams is lucky in some respects that he followed Sinnott and Glover as manager who are hardly a high benchmark for comparison purposes. I'll be honest with the squad he has, and the money he had to spend in January, if we don't win promotion, I would class this season as a failure.

Advert

I didn't see much wrong with the effort the players put in last night. JMW was still chasing and harrying back in the 3rd minute of injury time when it was a lost cause. Admittedly Vincent has turned to dog****. Taylor doesn't lack effort, he lacks ability (and the knowledge of where to stand on the pitch in order to receive an attacking ball). Loft was awful last night after he was so good early in the season, same for Dodds That's the nature of league 2 - they are trying but they are not Messi.

They arent messi but neither are they playing against messi. Its ok chasing back in the third minute of injury time to look busy, but id prefer to see him doing that in the first half where he went missing and we conceeded 2 awful goals and alot of ground. We cant afford to have people playing under their ability and a couple not a the races. If we have that regularly like we have for past month or so we will be 10 points short of auto promotion come the end of the season

I don't boo at matches, I have a go at people that do to be honest. However, reserve the right as a paying customer to discuss/debate/criticise etc in the pub, on social networks or a public forum. It's always happened, Pre-Internet fans went to the pub and discussed the game, what they would change etc. This is no difference, so why are people being accused of being not proper fans, keyboard warriors etc?

If we don't go up, one thing is for certain, it won't be because of the fans discussions on OVF, it'll be down to the actions of one man, and one man only. Adams is lucky in some respects that he followed Sinnott and Glover as manager who are hardly a high benchmark for comparison purposes. I'll be honest with the squad he has, and the money he had to spend in January, if we don't win promotion, I would class this season as a failure.

Agree 100%, we have to be promoted, given the position we were in before the new players arrived we have to be promoted.

However u look at it all Vale fans have been long suffering so the answer is yes we deserve it.

I agree some of the **** we have had put up with in recent years is shocking. Especially since the LDV win at Cardiff we just seemed get worse from season to season from then on before landing in L2 and being a pretty much mid table team. While watching clubs like stevenage go above us. So all is good fun.

You've got the wrong end of my stick. I'm sure you don't personally boo at games (actually, I think i know who you are) - the comments were not directed at anyone personally. And of course, everyone has the right to criticise/complain/discuss the club any time or place they like. The only time and place I don't like is during games when there is a tense, nervous, negative attitude from an otherwise fairly mute crowd. The fans have a part to play and last night they were just as bad as the players - that's just my opinion.

However, when Taylor was on the left he was constantly stood in a position and angle that made it impossible for anyone to play a ball down the line to him to run on to.

And who's been coaching him for the last 3 years and renewed his contract in between?

Do you follow?

Where does the buck stop?

Oh sorry forgot, it must be the fans fault.

To many, MA is above criticism, despite his obvious tactical limitations. Why is that so? Why are fellow fans, who've stayed with the club for years be fair game, but nothing can be said when MA drops a big pair of hairy balls? I don't get it. The fans were here before MA, they were here when he walked out on us, and they'll be here after he leaves, but they are the ones who aren't loyal to Port Vale?

Because it's totally idiotic to blame a Manager who has got us to where we are. He has raised our expectations with the side's achievement this season, and only an idiot then turns on him when he falls short of these high expectations which he has built. Why can't fans just be patient and give the benefit of the doubt to a Manager and side who have done us proud this season? It would certainly take the pressure off and stop this ridiculous panic frenzy which some fans seem determined to add to.

Agree 100%, we have to be promoted, given the position we were in before the new players arrived we have to be promoted.

And this helps us to achieve promotion how? By adding pressure and knocking the confidence of the players? Why can't we be constructive in our support and try and see the team over the finish line. Save your "I told you so's" for the end of April.

Because it's totally idiotic to blame a Manager who has got us to where we are. He has raised our expectations with the side's achievement this season' date=' and only an idiot then turns on him when he falls short of these high expectations which he has built. Why can't fans just be patient and give the benefit of the doubt to a Manager and side who have done us proud this season? It would certainly take the pressure off and stop this ridiculous panic frenzy which some fans seem determined to add to.[/quote']

So essentially, you consider Micky Adams more important to Port Vales past, present and future, than the fans? I disagree.

Perhaps you were facing the wrong way. I watched a team with little idea, who huffed and puffed around, square passing then when it eventually reached our penalty area lump it upfield.

Gillingham were subject to boos after their match last night. And that is what Vales clueless performance deserved.

I didn't see much wrong with the effort the players put in last night. JMW was still chasing and harrying back in the 3rd minute of injury time when it was a lost cause. Admittedly Vincent has turned to dog****. Taylor doesn't lack effort, he lacks ability (and the knowledge of where to stand on the pitch in order to receive an attacking ball). Loft was awful last night after he was so good early in the season, same for Dodds That's the nature of league 2 - they are trying but they are not Messi.

Archived