onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do we deserve to go up?

Nottingham Valiant

Not the side that I'm talking about, I think they more than deserve to go up - apart from the recent blip in form they have been tremendous and have scored for fun. However, do the fans deserve a promotion?

There were just 4400 there last night and yes, it was frustrating and it was pretty poor quality in parts but hey, wake up, it's league 2 we're playing in and it's a **** league. Teams/players are inconsistent - if they weren't, then they would be paying at a higher level. Whilst there weren't really boos at the final whistle the sense of negativity and frustration must get through to the players and they shouldn't be getting that - has everyone forgotten how bad things have been for 10 years at the club? We're 2nd in the league for ****'s sake and we WILL get automatic promotion. EVERYONE would have been amazed at the start of the season at where we have got to.

Keep the faith, stop moaning, up the Vale.

Advert

Do the people who travel home and away, and the people who spend money on season tickets deserve to go up? Do the kids who buy merchandise from the club shop and wear it proudly around the potteries deserve a promotion? Do the people who have been going the Vale for the past 17 years and never even seen a promotion !!

Do Burton Albion with an average home attendance of 2000 deserve to go up if they finish with 85 points? Of course they do......

AND

OF COURSE WE DO !

Do the people who travel home and away, and the people who spend money on season tickets deserve to go up? Do the kids who buy merchandise from the club shop and wear it proudly around the potteries deserve a promotion? Do the people who have been going the Vale for the past 17 years and never even seen a promotion !!

Do Burton Albion with an average home attendance of 2000 deserve to go up if they finish with 85 points? Of course they do......

AND

OF COURSE WE DO !

What Steve said :D

The players deserve to go up and so does the manager, the club, P.Wilder & Smurf along with the long suffering supporters.

We want to go up, we need to go up, we deserve to go up & we ARE going up!

Port Vale belongs in a higher status. At least the Championship and hopefully and eventually the Premier.

Swansea were for 70 years or more in the same leagues as the Vale and now they're thriving in the Premiership.

If they can do it, so can the Vale and we have the right owners and facilities to get us there.

Flip it on its head.

Do the players and management staff deserve 4400 paying customers on a cold tuesday night in February? Id say probably not, given the drivel we have watched the last two home games and in previous home performances like Gills, Chesterfield,Fleetwood, Rochdale (throwing a 2 nil lead away to hang on), York (getting a point from the jaws of victory), Bradford (JPT). Do the players deserve to have 4400 people prepared to watch them turn in half effort, coasting performances folding like a deck of cards at the slightest hint of having to fight for a result?

No half of them deserve to be playing their football in non-league and having to work a proper job where if you regularly under perform when the pressures on you get fired.

A case in point. I would argue that poster 2,3,4,5 and 6 are of the same mind as me. I made a 140 mile round trip last night to see the game, had no tea and got home at 11.15pm but I didn't boo and I don't feel that the players disgraced themselves. They are just league 2 (average) footballers who had an off day. Poster number 7 is typical of the attitude of some deluded folk who think we should be playing like Barcelona every week because we're near the top of league 2. I see the same poster was arguing for Mickey to be sacked the other day when we are 2nd in the league. I would imagine the proportions of are probably similar across the fan base but it's folk like poster number 7 who's vocalised frustration comes across at VP and makes it harder for us to play there.

A case in point. I would argue that poster 2,3,4,5 and 6 are of the same mind as me. I made a 140 mile round trip last night to see the game, had no tea and got home at 11.15pm but I didn't boo and I don't feel that the players disgraced themselves. They are just league 2 (average) footballers who had an off day. Poster number 7 is typical of the attitude of some deluded folk who think we should be playing like Barcelona every week because we're near the top of league 2. I see the same poster was arguing for Mickey to be sacked the other day when we are 2nd in the league. I would imagine the proportions of are probably similar across the fan base but it's folk like poster number 7 who's vocalised frustration comes across at VP and makes it harder for us to play there.

I see youre posting total **** to be honest. Ive never said to sack Adams. what i said was that if we failed to go up i think it should be considered. Now im not asking for Barcelona football, im asking for commitment and for players to give their all, you cant ask more than that. If you are telling me Vincent, Myrie-Williams, Taylor, Dodds and the rest of the auto pilot crew are giving 100% for the cause you really are deluded. Even Pope had a go at vincent last night for not putting a shift in. I see you've talked about the vocal frustration of a select few, however if as you claim they are a small minority why dont people like you and the vast majority open your mouths and get behind the team? i should be drowned out by a sea of positive noise and will to win. However in reality im sat in a dull gaggle of people who dont mutter a word during a game and clap like deranged seals at the end of the game to celebrate another lapse of focus, effort and all round will to win.

I will accept losing, i will accept we are league 2 and it isnt pretty, what i wont accept is a lack of effort or commitment and thats what im seeing at PVFC. Put a shift in and thats all i require. If you can't do that then ship out

I'd say the fans deserve promotion more than anyone. Despite the protestations of some they will stop going etc, this is simply heat of the moment comments. These same fans have been here for yeas, put up with all the crap served on us by V2001 and fought to rid the club of this vermin. Regardless of what you think of fans comments on here, they are fans, they do love the club, they put money into the club, they've fought to keep the club alive. So instead of fan bashing, maybe we should look somewhere else.

To many, MA is above criticism, despite his obvious tactical limitations. Why is that so? Why are fellow fans, who've stayed with the club for years be fair game, but nothing can be said when MA drops a big pair of hairy balls? I don't get it. The fans were here before MA, they were here when he walked out on us, and they'll be here after he leaves, but they are the ones who aren't loyal to Port Vale?

So in a nutshell, yes, promotion is the least our fans deserve.

I didn't see much wrong with the effort the players put in last night. JMW was still chasing and harrying back in the 3rd minute of injury time when it was a lost cause. Admittedly Vincent has turned to dog****. Taylor doesn't lack effort, he lacks ability (and the knowledge of where to stand on the pitch in order to receive an attacking ball). Loft was awful last night after he was so good early in the season, same for Dodds That's the nature of league 2 - they are trying but they are not Messi.

I'd say the fans deserve promotion more than anyone. Despite the protestations of some they will stop going etc, this is simply heat of the moment comments. These same fans have been here for yeas, put up with all the crap served on us by V2001 and fought to rid the club of this vermin. Regardless of what you think of fans comments on here, they are fans, they do love the club, they put money into the club, they've fought to keep the club alive. So instead of fan bashing, maybe we should look somewhere else.

To many, MA is above criticism, despite his obvious tactical limitations. Why is that so? Why are fellow fans, who've stayed with the club for years be fair game, but nothing can be said when MA drops a big pair of hairy balls? I don't get it. The fans were here before MA, they were here when he walked out on us, and they'll be here after he leaves, but they are the ones who aren't loyal to Port Vale?

So in a nutshell, yes, promotion is the least our fans deserve.

I think I agree with you, it just ****** me off when I see some comments on here about sacking Adams and the same idiots booing the team off when we are 2nd in the league. Adams has his limitations, no doubt, that is fairly clear to most. However, he's also the first manager in an age to get us in a position to get promoted and that's good enough for me right now. By all means, if we balls it up and don't get promotion then criticise all you like, even have a boo at the last home game. But for the next few weeks it would be nice if the fans as a whole can put in a positive contribution rather than what happened last night.

Do you think he moved over to the right wing of his own accord (and had to check back to put crosses in)?

No, I thought that was a strange one too, seemingly just to allow JMW not to have to do that. However, when Taylor was on the left he was constantly stood in a position and angle that made it impossible for anyone to play a ball down the line to him to run on to.

Archived