Gary Hooper

Swindon Fan

Advert:

Advert:

Is the fit and proper persons test just for when you take over a club in admin?

No, the people who put themselves forward to be a part of our interim board before admin had to do it, and from what I gather its mouth service to the issue rather than a real check on the person.

No, the people who put themselves forward to be a part of our interim board before admin had to do it, and from what I gather its mouth service to the issue rather than a real check on the person.

I could be wrong but I think that there is a relatively strict test for owners, a pretty weak test for board members, and no test for CEO's. But for the Swindon amount of money almost anyone could be installed as owner, while Hooper, Miller, Deakin manouevre in the background to fill their boots for a month or three - and the FL can do nowt. Then they move on trouser pockets stuffed. This is what they did with us. It's a scam along the lines of "Dear Great Sir, I am a Nigerian Prince who just needs to deposit 5 billion pounds in your bank account..". I can't believe the FL don't have a rule that Hooper Deakin Miller and several others should not be let within a million miles of a FL club in any capacity ever, ever again. But they don't.

I could be wrong but I think that there is a relatively strict test for owners, a pretty weak test for board members, and no test for CEO's.

I didn't think about that. You may be right, though miller managed to get involved with numerous clubs before us. Surely his name is too well known for it to happen again.

Advert:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21499926

Is this just coincidence?

But the ex-West Ham star said he would have stayed had the Football League agreed to the purchase of the club by new owners by 17:00 GMT on Monday.

I read that too. Seems odd. Would have stayed if it went through today, but as its expected to go through tomorrow, he quit?

I read that too. Seems odd. Would have stayed if it went through today, but as its expected to go through tomorrow, he quit?

Unless we are both reading it wrong and jumping to conclusions or just misunderstanding it.

Could it have been something to do with him wanting money,extra money?

Advert:

Given the state Miller left the club and if he is then passed as a "fit and proper person" any further issues would then make the FL liable (though I know nothing would ever be done). Essentially they have certified his previous behaviour as "ok".

Feel very sorry for Swindon supporters right now.

Archived