• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Gary Hooper

Swindon Fan

Swindon Fan in peace here....I am after some information on Gary Hooper who I understand has had an association with Port Vale he is part of a consortium about to take over at Swindon and he will become a director, but I believe he was part of your club not so long ago.

Any information you can give us on him is appreciated, trying to find out who we are going to have running our club

Good luck for the season

Advert:

Advert:

Advert:

Advert:

Gary Hooper's UK mobile phone number was on the Ameriturf website as their UK contact number back in May 2011 when the Vale Ameriturf deal was first trumpeted. This is at the same time as Peter Miller was acting as an officer and a director of Ameriturf.

The website is no longer online, and sadly the Wayback Machine didn't manage to take a snapshot of it when the number was on there. But here it is: http://web.archive.org/web/20110530212044/http://www.ameriturf-global.com/

It's therefore likely that Hooper is a associate of Peter Miller who is a crook and a conman. He had previous form at Luton and Northampton before he ended up on Vale's doorstep. If this is the same consortium that had to go to great lengths to deny Perry Deakin's involvement as well, I'd be very concerned if I was a Swindon fan.

Miller and Deakin's plan 18 months ago was to award themselves six-figure salaries as Chairman and CEO and 51 plate company Mercs whilst having no money themselves to invest in a football club. They hoped to find an investor stupid enough to put money in and fund their nice remuneration packages (or slip an extra page into a contract of a sponsorship deal and hope they wouldn't notice).

We could go into a lot more detail but it's a very, very long story. How much time have you got?

If I were a Swindon fan I'd also be asking about Martin King, who is part of the same consortium.

He was a director at Luton Town at the same time as Peter Miller 'visited' the club to sack Joe Kinnear and Mick Harford (while Miller had no role at Luton was still a paid employee at Northampton Town). However, King was said to have resigned from the board out of protest at the sacking.

Martin King was also one of the three partners who took over Banbury United along with Perry Deakin recently. Two of the three partners are part of the Swindon consortium but they have been at pains to stress (perhaps too much?) that Deakin isn't part of this.

It might just be something and nothing but there are definitely links between the people taking over Swindon Town and the people who left Port Vale in such a dire mess twelve months ago.

Archived