Does Burslem warrant or deserve a F.C?

PVTony

Having a Family Stand is more than adequate....

Long may Vale Park remain a spit-and-sawdust venue, at least on the terraces.

I'm with you on both counts - just wondering if the current matchday experience for kids and their parents could be bettered.

One idea could be to use the other half of Lorne St (once it's done) so the facilities on that side could be used.

If they were in Lorne St, then they could have regular "Meet the Players" type events.

Advert:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having a Family Stand is more than adequate. Trust me, the "family" angle only works with kids up to 9/10 years old.

From there onwards, it's a rite of passage to be in with the swearing, smoking, drinking populace.

Look at Reading, who have gone down the family route.

Middle-class fans who sit down in replica tops in silence and generate no atmosphere.

Long may Vale Park remain a spit-and-sawdust venue, at least on the terraces.

Spit and sawdust is fine if you want to limit your target audience and cap your revenue stream

I'm with you on both counts - just wondering if the current matchday experience for kids and their parents could be bettered.

One idea could be to use the other half of Lorne St (once it's done) so the facilities on that side could be used.

If they were in Lorne St, then they could have regular "Meet the Players" type events.

Thats a reasonable idea

I don't care how you dress it up and refer to history, 5000 when we're top of the league and scoring for fun is poor. I would have expected at least 6k on saturday regardless of the pitful away support. High pay on the gate prices and the influence of Premier League Stoke are big factors but there's still a lot of fans who are just not turning up. It's the fans who would go on a wembley trip, big cup ties or a derby game that are not returning. They're either sitting on the fence or are gone for good.

Advert:

Thats a reasonable idea

It's more than a resonable idea, it's what we're crying out for. The current family stand is awful and sooner or later the finishing of the Lorne Street has to move up from being last priority - it's just plain embarrasing now and undoubtedly creates an image of the club that is not appealing to stay-away fans or youngsters.

Just out of interest, how many people on here who live more than 50 miles from Vale Park and who don't currently have a season ticket, would buy one if they were say £50 cheaper?

Well that would be a very generous offer from the club and very tempting. Like many fans in exile, it's an expensive business just getting to the ground and anything that makes inroads into that would be welcome.

I like this idea!... but then I don't conform to the norm being a single female with a season ticket who lives 100 miles north and travels to most Home and the more northerly Aways with my 6 year old daugher.. and we LOVE the Paddock :D

Radical, but why not a 'free' season ticket (or a minimal £5 per visit) if you live outside a certain distance from Vale Park ? there are enough seats to accommodate a further 10,000 fans and more, so why not encourage you to come. You will buy merchandise, programmes, pies, golden goal tickets etc and even if you don't surely it's better you are here cheering us on rather than sat at home watching teletext.

What sort of distance are you thinking of? 50, 100 miles?

It's the fans who would go on a wembley trip, big cup ties or a derby game that are not returning. They're either sitting on the fence or are gone for good.

Thats life.

This happens to every football club in the land.

There are a lot of people who just go for the day out and dont support the club.

To think you could entice them to be a full time supporter is naive.

Advert:

There's a whole load of ways Vale could increase attendances and interest in the club, some of which they do, some of which they don't. Most of the incentives target existing stay away or occasional supporters, and very little focuses on attracting new supporters.

One method of doing this, might be to offer cut price group tickets (10 tickets for £50?) to organisations such as housing associations, charitable trusts, community organisations and faith groups. This would help build links with the community and encourage people to attend, some of whom might then continue to attend thereafter.

Av give up on the fickle folk who say they are vale fans but make excuses not to attend... These are the biggest moaners you can find and no good to the club, keep yer money in yer pockets and stay in YOUR little vale world ... Sad gits ...

The maths.2 less pints per week or 1 less packet of fags per week will get the smokers and drinkers a season ticket for next season.

Fags are only just over £1 a pack.... Whiskey is £3 a bottle.... traveling to the match £2,000

If you dont pay the mortgage for a couple of months you could buy a season ticket..... dont feed the family for a week and you could go the match and have a good days drinking

Fags are only just over £1 a pack.... Whiskey is £3 a bottle.... traveling to the match £2,000

If you dont pay the mortgage for a couple of months you could buy a season ticket..... dont feed the family for a week and you could go the match and have a good days drinking

:laugh::laugh:

Advert:

Thats life.

This happens to every football club in the land.

There are a lot of people who just go for the day out and dont support the club.

To think you could entice them to be a full time supporter is naive.

I used to go to the "big" matches, the ones in the cup and a handful each season at home. I now go to every home game and most away so people can be enticed into being full time supporters so I disagree with you here.

I like this idea!... but then I don't conform to the norm being a single female with a season ticket who lives 100 miles north and travels to most Home and the more northerly Aways with my 6 year old daugher.. and we LOVE the Paddock :D

Now thats what you call commitment . RESPECT.:clap:

Archived