Does Burslem warrant or deserve a F.C?

PVTony

Im buying one next season whatever the price. Feel good factor and winning football. A club with ambition. Going places. More than likely in league one.

All factors as to why il get one.

Nice one Spunk Trumpet:yes:!It must cost you a fortune too on air fares:clap::clap:

Advert:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Advert:

Look at this logically:

- Gillingham average attendance 6,000 - No other league teams

- Bradford average 10,000 - No other league teams

- Rotherham average 7,700 - No other league teams

- Plymouth average 6,500 - No other league teams

- Oxford average 6,000 - No other league teams

- Bristol Rovers average 5,800 - 1 league team, bottom-half championship (soon to be league one team)

- Chesterfield average 5,300 - No other league teams

You know where this is heading right Tony?

We're doing well to break 5,000 with that shower of ***** up the road.

With the new crest including the Staffordshire Knot we should promote the image of "Staffordshire's Team". The Moorlands has a polulation of pushing 100,000 and has always been Vale's best source of supporters. That other team in the south of the city have abandoned the Staffordshire connection and left it wide open for us.

Look at this logically:

- Gillingham average attendance 6,000 - No other league teams

- Bradford average 10,000 - No other league teams

- Rotherham average 7,700 - No other league teams

- Plymouth average 6,500 - No other league teams

- Oxford average 6,000 - No other league teams

- Bristol Rovers average 5,800 - 1 league team, bottom-half championship (soon to be league one team)

- Chesterfield average 5,300 - No other league teams

You know where this is heading right Tony?

We're doing well to break 5,000 with that shower of ***** up the road.

Rotherham is about 3 miles from Sheffield (2clubs) Bradford close to Leeds (1club) chesterfield is also close to Sheffield and Rotherham

If we give free tickets to kids we have to give them a decent experience and probably something else to do when the boredom sets in.... how many parents would accept the kids hearing some of the abuse/swearing hurled at matches?

It would be nice to get away from the working mens club mentality of "a free pint, pie, program, bet" [or inclusive in the price deal]... it may work but I would hope for something a little more progressive and imaginative.... its got to be about more than just the football to interest the half hearted and keep them interested ... its got to be about the club as a whole... and not just match days.

If your going to get kids interested, what you offer has to compete with what they already do or what is already on offer from other places..... cinema or vale?.... waterworld or vale?.... games console or vale?.... etc.... it also applies to the adults.... its one thing getting them to attend its another keeping them.

If we give free tickets to kids we have to give them a decent experience and probably something else to do when the boredom sets in.... how many parents would accept the kids hearing some of the abuse/swearing hurled at matches?

It would be nice to get away from the working mens club mentality of "a free pint, pie, program, bet" [or inclusive in the price deal]... it may work but I would hope for something a little more progressive and imaginative.... its got to be about more than just the football to interest the half hearted and keep them interested ... its got to be about the club as a whole... and not just match days.

If your going to get kids interested, what you offer has to compete with what they already do or what is already on offer from other places..... cinema or vale?.... waterworld or vale?.... games console or vale?.... etc.... it also applies to the adults.... its one thing getting them to attend its another keeping them.

Kids are interested down Stoke.

Winning football brings supporters. Thats why kids want to watch Stoke instead of Vale.

With regards to your no swearing comment. Soke fans have been singing vile words to Delilah for years. How many kids join in?

A football ground is and always has been a place where foul language will be used. Get used to it and get a grip.

Advert:

As previously stated 20 quid a game is stupid for this level 10 quid would be better. Over time at 10 quid a gate 10000 is doable. Also makes me think . If we get promoted what's the pitch invasion last home game attendance going to be ? What u all think ?

£10 wouldn't be better. We'd get about 1000/1500 more fans if that, so considerably less income, and may have to fork out more in police/steward bills. Extra income on beer/refreshments wouldn't amount to much.

You could have cheap season tickets and then once you've got say 6000, put the match day price down to £15 assuming that if you didn't buy a season ticket at a cheap price you certainly wouldn't pay £20, but that would just **** off the season ticket holders.

With regards to your no swearing comment. Stoke fans have been singing vile words to Delilah for years. How many kids join in?

A football ground is and always has been a place where foul language will be used. Get used to it and get a grip.

True, you'd have to be pretty naive to go into the Paddock and not expect anyone to swear.

However, I remember my Dad taking me into the Family Stand when it first opened, and it was great.

No language from the parents in there, ok you could hear the main songs from the Paddock but kids are more interested in watching the game than listening for the songs.

Is anyone on here a Family Stand regular?

If so, what are your views on making Vale Park more family-oriented?

Kids are interested down Stoke.

Winning football brings supporters. Thats why kids want to watch Stoke instead of Vale.

With regards to your no swearing comment. Soke fans have been singing vile words to Delilah for years. How many kids join in?

You have missed the point by a mile.... I asked a simple question..... how many parents would bring their children to hear swearing?.... if the answer is none we have to cross them off the prospective new fans list and stop thinking about attracting families... if the kids are already interested in football and play it they will probably remain interested but there are kids out there who are not already involved and they are a source of income not yet tapped.... if they get bored after 20 minutes they wont return and their parents wont bring them.

I appreciate that football grounds have always been places for foul and abusive language but you have to appreciate that not everyone will accept it when their children are present or in some instances their wives... so we have a choice.... maintain the boys club mentality or spread the clubs appeal to a wider audience and attract more money.... I have no problem whichever is chosen.... but I feel that if a part of the ground can get away from the beer swilling abusive mentality it might just start making a decent profit..... and I dont mean just stuck up a corner out of the way.... I didnt suggest banning swearing.

Kids who play football are interested... not all kids play football.... but all kids like to be entertained... if we can convince them at an early age that vale park is the place to be entertained they will come back and keep coming back.... and the family members who bring them may well come with them.

Advert:

Is anyone on here a Family Stand regular?

If so, what are your views on making Vale Park more family-oriented?

Having a Family Stand is more than adequate. Trust me, the "family" angle only works with kids up to 9/10 years old.

From there onwards, it's a rite of passage to be in with the swearing, smoking, drinking populace.

Look at Reading, who have gone down the family route.

Middle-class fans who sit down in replica tops in silence and generate no atmosphere.

Long may Vale Park remain a spit-and-sawdust venue, at least on the terraces.

Archived