Does Burslem warrant or deserve a F.C?

PVTony

I was in the Hamil, and there didn't look over 5k to be honest....Strange acoustics in the ground, i could hardly hear anything until we scored and even then it was a sort of a muffled sound.

The guy who started the thread said the word 'Burslem' We are a town club based in the north of a trunkated city.

How many really successful town clubs are there?

We will average close to 6k come the end of the season. If the average away following at VP was greater than 250 it would help.

Advert:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only 5,172 gate at the Vale park today.

How disappointing.

First home game for a while, more than 3 weeks. So no saying that folks can't afford more than one game per week.

Top of the league team.

A winning team, only beaten twice in the last eleven games.

Three new players on view.

Dry sunny weather.

And some people were slagging off Stoke because there were some empty seats in their mid week match.

5,172, for the leagues top team???

Does the Burslem area deserve such a good club?

I'd love to see more people there but to put it into perspective, take a look at a lot of the L1 attendances for yesterday....

How do our attendences compare to other promotion winning seasons?

last time we got promoted from this division under Rudge, our average gates were around 3500. The time before under McGrath we got a few over 5000 with the last two games being over 6000. I think yesterdays gate was good given away support and the fact we have another game Tuesday with reduced admission.

I could have gone yesterday but seeing that I already have my ticket for Tuesday I decided to hang on, as I only have 4 days off a month with my wife I have to juggle my activities and try and please everyone, hence, yesterday I spent the day with the family (with one ear on radio Stoke) and on Tuesday I will be meeting my other family in Tommy Cheadle's before the game.

Advert:

£20 is overpriced for L2 football. But its not just us doing it - all L2 teams (I think) and most conference teams have ticket prices between £15-25. So its either some massive price-fixing scam by all lower league teams, keeping prices artificially high, or that is the sort of price they need to charge.

Prem teams get so much in tv money, they can afford to keep ticket prices low. They could probably play to an empty stadium and still make a profit.

And while Stoke have still got the 2008'ers (love that word whoever came up with it), willing to pay a little bit more than L2 prices to watch Tiny P using his trademark 10-0-0 formation, our attendances will always suffer.

A very disappointing gate, we have slagged off owners before for not investing but we need bums on seats to justify it. I would rather pay £20 quid to watch us at the moment than pay whatever it is at Stoke.

why was it? compared to what? Crewe with a chance of sneaking into the playoffs in the division above got circa 600 less than us yesterday, now thats poor

I could have gone yesterday but seeing that I already have my ticket for Tuesday I decided to hang on, as I only have 4 days off a month with my wife I have to juggle my activities and try and please everyone, hence, yesterday I spent the day with the family (with one ear on radio Stoke) and on Tuesday I will be meeting my other family in Tommy Cheadle's before the game.

Sorry fella but I think your wife is putting on you and is being very selfish. The good lady should be encouraging you to attend VP, infact she should be driving you to Burslem and waiting for you for the duration of the game. If she brought a bucket of water she could make good use of her time by washing the car and doing the dishes. If she cannot drive she should be paying for your taxi and stay at home making good use of her time by washing the car....................................... and doing the dishes.

I can't believe that in the 21st century some men don't understand the true meaning of marriage.

All women know that Port Vale come 1st and are more important than everything else:rolleyes:

Ultimately, if we reduce ticket prices, we reduce income. That stats prove that the attendances we're getting are more or less average for where we are historically, so why reduce the prices with no obvious benefit?

Advert:

Interesting attendance figures, basically we're somewhere in between the 2 promotion seasons from the fourth tier and the 2 from the 3rd. That's understandable! I still think a few will take a while to come back due to the past 10 years, remember we did sell 6400 STs a few years ago. We were all shat on that season by V2001!

I reckon gates will go up the last 5 or 6 home games should we still be top 3.

Away followings too don't help at this level, bar the odd one or two teams you're looking at 250 at best from a lot of sides. Accrington were even worse than that. Should we go up we'll be looking at Preston, possibly Sheffield and Coventry(if they don't go up). Barnsley if they come down were always good for bringing a few to VP in the past. Basically there are better and bigger clubs in that league!

just worked out the away followings in league one for next season, if we are promoted of teams likely to be in there with us. Its around about 1,000 per game( could be higher if Sheff Utd dont go up) . Thats the average some will bring more some less. Whats the average this season about 250 i would think.

Only 5,172 gate at the Vale park today.

How disappointing.

First home game for a while, more than 3 weeks. So no saying that folks can't afford more than one game per week.

Top of the league team.

A winning team, only beaten twice in the last eleven games.

Three new players on view.

Dry sunny weather.

And some people were slagging off Stoke because there were some empty seats in their mid week match.

5,172, for the leagues top team???

Does the Burslem area deserve such a good club?

Last season we played Accy in August on a sunny day and got 500 less. I don't think the attendance was too bad considering they bought about 12

£20 is overpriced for L2 football. But its not just us doing it - all L2 teams (I think) and most conference teams have ticket prices between £15-25. So its either some massive price-fixing scam by all lower league teams, keeping prices artificially high, or that is the sort of price they need to charge.

Prem teams get so much in tv money, they can afford to keep ticket prices low. They could probably play to an empty stadium and still make a profit.

And while Stoke have still got the 2008'ers (love that word whoever came up with it), willing to pay a little bit more than L2 prices to watch Tiny P using his trademark 10-0-0 formation, our attendances will always suffer.

That was me lol, when referring to those rather odd people on SSN for transfer dealine day.

Advert:

Sjoke city in the prem really doesn't help . I have met at least 5 people who used to go vale and now go up the brit . (traitors off with thier heads) but they live in the same city and they get 20 000 plus ??? This and pvfc gate prices are surely the cause . I don't have a solution tho , just saying :-)

By the same token i know of mates/work mates that have stopped going Stoke.

Archived