onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does Burslem warrant or deserve a F.C?

PVTony

It's the fans who would go on a wembley trip, big cup ties or a derby game that are not returning. They're either sitting on the fence or are gone for good.

Thats life.

This happens to every football club in the land.

There are a lot of people who just go for the day out and dont support the club.

To think you could entice them to be a full time supporter is naive.

Advert

There's a whole load of ways Vale could increase attendances and interest in the club, some of which they do, some of which they don't. Most of the incentives target existing stay away or occasional supporters, and very little focuses on attracting new supporters.

One method of doing this, might be to offer cut price group tickets (10 tickets for £50?) to organisations such as housing associations, charitable trusts, community organisations and faith groups. This would help build links with the community and encourage people to attend, some of whom might then continue to attend thereafter.

The maths.2 less pints per week or 1 less packet of fags per week will get the smokers and drinkers a season ticket for next season.

Fags are only just over £1 a pack.... Whiskey is £3 a bottle.... traveling to the match £2,000

If you dont pay the mortgage for a couple of months you could buy a season ticket..... dont feed the family for a week and you could go the match and have a good days drinking

Fags are only just over £1 a pack.... Whiskey is £3 a bottle.... traveling to the match £2,000

If you dont pay the mortgage for a couple of months you could buy a season ticket..... dont feed the family for a week and you could go the match and have a good days drinking

:laugh::laugh:

Thats life.

This happens to every football club in the land.

There are a lot of people who just go for the day out and dont support the club.

To think you could entice them to be a full time supporter is naive.

I used to go to the "big" matches, the ones in the cup and a handful each season at home. I now go to every home game and most away so people can be enticed into being full time supporters so I disagree with you here.

I like this idea!... but then I don't conform to the norm being a single female with a season ticket who lives 100 miles north and travels to most Home and the more northerly Aways with my 6 year old daugher.. and we LOVE the Paddock :D

Now thats what you call commitment . RESPECT.:clap:

Radical, but why not a 'free' season ticket (or a minimal £5 per visit) if you live outside a certain distance from Vale Park ? there are enough seats to accommodate a further 10,000 fans and more, so why not encourage you to come. You will buy merchandise, programmes, pies, golden goal tickets etc and even if you don't surely it's better you are here cheering us on rather than sat at home watching teletext.

Being a devious git I always try and think of ways around any offers to try and eliminate pitfalls. Good idea in principle, but no doubt some would get season tickets in relatives/friends names who live far away and then use it themselves.

over 5,000 home fans isn't that bad. i'd like more, but we are just learning to walk again at the moment. once we are up and running in higher divisions, home fans will return. away followings are really important to us though - i think that a lot of our fans are more keen to go when there is the potential of a decent away following and a bit of atmosphere. 80 accrington fans really is taking the piddle. looking at teams in league one and given their current positions, i think that only hartlepool, scunthorpe, colchester, stevenage, orient and crawley would bring less than 250 on saturday. crewe, shrewsbury, coventry, doncaster, tranmere, swindon, notts county, walsall, sheff utd and preston should be looking at 1000+, and everyone else around the 500 mark. that's a hell of a lot more paying customers than we are getting at the moment!

Put bluntly, there are a good number of people who come to matches where they think there will be a chance of some bother.

It's a tricky one. Without these people, the atmosphere can be dreadful. With them in attendance, they bring cash in to the club (disregard for now the policing costs) and make some noise.

The real "promised land" for the Vale is the Championship. Such a tasty league and so many potentially-big away followings.

Leeds, Sheff Wed, Wolves, Blues, Forest, Derby, Boro, Burnley, Bolton, Blackburn...

I blame the government. They should increase the the excise duty on whisky and cigarettes by £10 a pop.

Seriously, it surprises me that such things are so relatively cheap in the UK, given that the government need tax revenue and the prices of everything else have gone up considerably over the last 10 years I have been away.

Being a devious git I always try and think of ways around any offers to try and eliminate pitfalls. Good idea in principle, but no doubt some would get season tickets in relatives/friends names who live far away and then use it themselves.

I realise this Phil, and yes, some people will always look to scam an idea. My bro lives in Northampton so I could do it meself......point is, I wouldn't, question is how many would and would Paul/Norman go for an idea like this anyway, after all, its upto them in the end.

Archived