onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does Burslem warrant or deserve a F.C?

PVTony

As previously stated 20 quid a game is stupid for this level 10 quid would be better. Over time at 10 quid a gate 10000 is doable. Also makes me think . If we get promoted what's the pitch invasion last home game attendance going to be ? What u all think ?

£10 wouldn't be better. We'd get about 1000/1500 more fans if that, so considerably less income, and may have to fork out more in police/steward bills. Extra income on beer/refreshments wouldn't amount to much.

You could have cheap season tickets and then once you've got say 6000, put the match day price down to £15 assuming that if you didn't buy a season ticket at a cheap price you certainly wouldn't pay £20, but that would just **** off the season ticket holders.

Advert

With regards to your no swearing comment. Stoke fans have been singing vile words to Delilah for years. How many kids join in?

A football ground is and always has been a place where foul language will be used. Get used to it and get a grip.

True, you'd have to be pretty naive to go into the Paddock and not expect anyone to swear.

However, I remember my Dad taking me into the Family Stand when it first opened, and it was great.

No language from the parents in there, ok you could hear the main songs from the Paddock but kids are more interested in watching the game than listening for the songs.

Is anyone on here a Family Stand regular?

If so, what are your views on making Vale Park more family-oriented?

Kids are interested down Stoke.

Winning football brings supporters. Thats why kids want to watch Stoke instead of Vale.

With regards to your no swearing comment. Soke fans have been singing vile words to Delilah for years. How many kids join in?

A football ground is and always has been a place where foul language will be used. Get used to it and get a grip.

You have missed the point by a mile.... I asked a simple question..... how many parents would bring their children to hear swearing?.... if the answer is none we have to cross them off the prospective new fans list and stop thinking about attracting families... if the kids are already interested in football and play it they will probably remain interested but there are kids out there who are not already involved and they are a source of income not yet tapped.... if they get bored after 20 minutes they wont return and their parents wont bring them.

I appreciate that football grounds have always been places for foul and abusive language but you have to appreciate that not everyone will accept it when their children are present or in some instances their wives... so we have a choice.... maintain the boys club mentality or spread the clubs appeal to a wider audience and attract more money.... I have no problem whichever is chosen.... but I feel that if a part of the ground can get away from the beer swilling abusive mentality it might just start making a decent profit..... and I dont mean just stuck up a corner out of the way.... I didnt suggest banning swearing.

Kids who play football are interested... not all kids play football.... but all kids like to be entertained... if we can convince them at an early age that vale park is the place to be entertained they will come back and keep coming back.... and the family members who bring them may well come with them.

Is anyone on here a Family Stand regular?

If so, what are your views on making Vale Park more family-oriented?

Having a Family Stand is more than adequate. Trust me, the "family" angle only works with kids up to 9/10 years old.

From there onwards, it's a rite of passage to be in with the swearing, smoking, drinking populace.

Look at Reading, who have gone down the family route.

Middle-class fans who sit down in replica tops in silence and generate no atmosphere.

Long may Vale Park remain a spit-and-sawdust venue, at least on the terraces.

Having a Family Stand is more than adequate....

I'm with you on both counts - just wondering if the current matchday experience for kids and their parents could be bettered.

One idea could be to use the other half of Lorne St (once it's done) so the facilities on that side could be used.

If they were in Lorne St, then they could have regular "Meet the Players" type events.

Having a Family Stand is more than adequate. Trust me, the "family" angle only works with kids up to 9/10 years old.

From there onwards, it's a rite of passage to be in with the swearing, smoking, drinking populace.

Look at Reading, who have gone down the family route.

Middle-class fans who sit down in replica tops in silence and generate no atmosphere.

Spit and sawdust is fine if you want to limit your target audience and cap your revenue stream

I'm with you on both counts - just wondering if the current matchday experience for kids and their parents could be bettered.

One idea could be to use the other half of Lorne St (once it's done) so the facilities on that side could be used.

If they were in Lorne St, then they could have regular "Meet the Players" type events.

Thats a reasonable idea

I don't care how you dress it up and refer to history, 5000 when we're top of the league and scoring for fun is poor. I would have expected at least 6k on saturday regardless of the pitful away support. High pay on the gate prices and the influence of Premier League Stoke are big factors but there's still a lot of fans who are just not turning up. It's the fans who would go on a wembley trip, big cup ties or a derby game that are not returning. They're either sitting on the fence or are gone for good.

Thats a reasonable idea

It's more than a resonable idea, it's what we're crying out for. The current family stand is awful and sooner or later the finishing of the Lorne Street has to move up from being last priority - it's just plain embarrasing now and undoubtedly creates an image of the club that is not appealing to stay-away fans or youngsters.

Just out of interest, how many people on here who live more than 50 miles from Vale Park and who don't currently have a season ticket, would buy one if they were say £50 cheaper?

Well that would be a very generous offer from the club and very tempting. Like many fans in exile, it's an expensive business just getting to the ground and anything that makes inroads into that would be welcome.

I like this idea!... but then I don't conform to the norm being a single female with a season ticket who lives 100 miles north and travels to most Home and the more northerly Aways with my 6 year old daugher.. and we LOVE the Paddock :D

Radical, but why not a 'free' season ticket (or a minimal £5 per visit) if you live outside a certain distance from Vale Park ? there are enough seats to accommodate a further 10,000 fans and more, so why not encourage you to come. You will buy merchandise, programmes, pies, golden goal tickets etc and even if you don't surely it's better you are here cheering us on rather than sat at home watching teletext.

What sort of distance are you thinking of? 50, 100 miles?

Archived