• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Terry Bailey

Timothius

Advert:

Advert:

Terry Bailey, I remember Terry Bailey, he was of a build not often seen in the modern game he was rotund but surprisingly quick. He achieved a lot through looking slower and older than he actually was. I remember John Simmonds used to call him "The Blob", slightly cruel if not amusing to an impressionable ten year old...... Sweet nostalgia.

Advert:

Terry Bailey was a top man. He got the players to have a whip round for us when we were stranded in Worcestor!!! Think mustered about 3 quid betwen them and we got Sid from the Cricks at may Bank to bail us out and pay our train fares.

We did try and get on the players coach but they were haing none of it! 4 very drunk Vale fans. Happy days

Advert:

Yes, had a couple of run ins with Randy Arnold, we nicknamed him the little Hitler. Very stubborn bloke who lost a lot of good staff because of his ways & how he treated people.

I heard Terry wasn't very well about 6 years ago, so can understand why he sold his share of the business & got out. Hope he got over it & is doing well now though?

Archived