• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Vale v Tottenham

Formby Valiant

Fantastic game to witness. I was in the paddock with my dad n younger brother. We had to be lifted over the wall and onto the track every time there was a surge. Brilliant.

Also. I've seen the 6minute clip loads of times. As anyone got a link for the whole game? I'm sure it's been on espn classic but didn't see it n can't find it online

Advert:

Advert:

I was on the Lorne Street just in front of the Press Box, where Denis Law was doing radio commentary. Quite a bit of humble pie eaten that day by the pundits, including Greavesie. Not often you're allowed to hug a complete stranger at full time and shout YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! so loud my voice went. Brilliant days - hope we have a few left in us.

Advert:

I have fond memories of that game, as it was either my 2nd or 3rd ever Vale gam. I remember running onto the pitch at the final whistle and the mud oozing over my new trainers, but i wasn't bothered. The beginning of a bright new era, lets hope this season is the start of another.

I got bullied by 4 fat middle aged cockneys who kept calling me treacle and they seemed intent on trying to seperate my head from my shoulders. There was blood everywhere from a fat split lip but being a determined type of chap I stood in the Lorne St to see us get a deserved victory. I ran onto the pitch with hundreds of other and the groundsman (Fairbanks i think his name was) shouted at me and only me, to get off the pitch!

I spent the rest of the day drinking (to ease the pain) and ended up with a very nice young lady in Vale Social Club at 2am. By then I was a complete and utter jibbering wreck.......................... Happy days!

Archived