• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Vale v Tottenham

Formby Valiant

Advert:

The OVF front page is currently running an extensive tribute page here:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/content/port-vale-2-1-tottenham-hotspur-25-years-on/

It contains the video, links to OVF features including the transcript of a Radio Five documentary on the match, clippings from Shoot and Match magazine plus my own thoughts and reflections on my favourite Vale game.

Advert:

Marvellous day, probably my favourite Vale moment and the one one that I think kick started our best ever period.

Can't believe it's 25 years today... :b&g:

I'm with you on that a fabulous era to be a Vale fan. Only watched the highlights and those of the Everton games the other night and my oh my did it bring back some memories. The Everton match especially for making me realise how good Guppy and McCarthy were.

If I had to have a ground hog day and only re-live one day for the rest of my life, then this would be it! Tingle down my spine watching the highlights. I can't wait for the day when my kids have such a happy memory of supporting Vale. Perhaps our promotion winning game this year could be it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advert:

Anyone remember the back page of the Mail on Sunday the day after ?

"Finest Port" was the headline.

I remember there was a flare set off from the Hamil and the ground was heaving.

No-one could touch Tony Gubba for commentaries!!

Advert:

It wasn't. Mike Baggaley knows that was a **** up!

Have you put him right Jean?:D

I can still clearly remember that goal by Finney now, probably one if the most crucial ever in helping to what happened over the next few years!

Have you put him right Jean?:D

I can still clearly remember that goal by Finney now, probably one if the most crucial ever in helping to what happened over the next few years!

Wasn't that game played on a Sunday? I can remember Finney's goal in front of the Macc fans on the Hamil End.

Archived