onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale or Bradford

tonyh

Advert

Its true its still possible for us go on a bad run and lose in the play-offs. But I favour promotion over the cup as I want us as high in the ladder as possible and not a basement division club.

Not the statement but how you put it, starting with "In a word"..... And then proceeded to use many words!

League cup final for me, the money it has and will generate for Bradford will be massive. Its not just the gate monies and TV monies. There is huge prize money and the extra sponsorship not just this season but for seasons to come that will mean they should be able to assemble a side to at least progress to the championship, i believe they have a manager who can achieve this.No one remembers who went up from league two but everyone will remember a league two side in a major cup final.

No. There isn't.

£100k to the winners, £50k to the runners-up.

Compared to £2m for winning the FA Cup.

Its true its still possible for us go on a bad run and lose in the play-offs. But I favour promotion over the cup as I want us as high in the ladder as possible and not a basement division club.

It is not a choice, 7 teams from L1/2 are promoted each season, once every 50 years one reaches a League Cup final, in the same time there are 350 promotions. Which is more memorable?

I remember when we won the LDV at Wembley and lost the play-offs a week later. It was my worst ever experience football wise, and promotion would beat a cup final every time for me ...... a Championship would be far greater as well :yes:

I was there too for both games and I can't think of a worse experience, except possibly losing 4-2 with 10 men at Cambridge, including a dodgy penalty, to be relegated to L1. Promotion for me every time. If Bradford win the League Cup but don't get promoted, they will spend the summer looking forward to visits to all the dreadful away grounds we know only too well and watching home games in a half empty stadium with 50 away fans, and wondering if they'll ever get out of this terrible league. No thanks, L1 every time for me. Fingers crossed we do it.

Which would you have preferred, Vale getting to the league cup final, like Bradford, or Vale getting promotion?

Having just got back from having a drink, I think I'd prefer to be a Bradford supporter.

Promotions come and go, but this is a once in a lifetime experience for them.

I bet the Bradford chairman doesn't agree with that--spent the whole of a radio interview yesterday morning (on 5 Live) saying how important promotion was to them and it is still their No.1 priority!

It is not a choice, 7 teams from L1/2 are promoted each season, once every 50 years one reaches a League Cup final, in the same time there are 350 promotions. Which is more memorable?

You want memorable over a better division to play in? Don't think so somehow. Memorable is brilliant at the time and may last in the memory as a special occasion but promotion brings better rewards both financially and status wise and gives a longer lasting platform to bring better times to the Club. There have been memorable times for me with the Vale but I would swap them for a shot again at top level footie. That would in itself bring hopefully more and more memorable League games.

I was there too for both games and I can't think of a worse experience, except possibly losing 4-2 with 10 men at Cambridge, including a dodgy penalty, to be relegated to L1. Promotion for me every time. If Bradford win the League Cup but don't get promoted, they will spend the summer looking forward to visits to all the dreadful away grounds we know only too well and watching home games in a half empty stadium with 50 away fans, and wondering if they'll ever get out of this terrible league. No thanks, L1 every time for me. Fingers crossed we do it.

The away followings in league one are hardly better than those in league 2 as highlighted in a recent thread.

Thats why I would go with the cup final and all the trimmings that brings knowing yoy can hit the league hard the following season.

You want memorable over a better division to play in? Don't think so somehow. Memorable is brilliant at the time and may last in the memory as a special occasion but promotion brings better rewards both financially and status wise and gives a longer lasting platform to bring better times to the Club. There have been memorable times for me with the Vale but I would swap them for a shot again at top level footie. That would in itself bring hopefully more and more memorable League games.

Whose to say we wouldnt come straight back down should we be promoted?

Archived