onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale or Bradford

tonyh

Advert

I'd prefer it if we appeared at Wembley in a major cup final. Not the LDV or Anglo-Italian, but the League Cup Final. It's a million years away from the other minor competitions we have won.

I've never seen the Vale play in a big cup final at Wembley and I'm guessing a cup run like that would be worth over £1 million to the Club. With that kind of money to invest in the team the following season it should be a cakewalk to get promoted.

I've seen a few promotions but never seen the Club in a major cup final at the new Wembley.

I think Bradford will get promoted anyway - and do a 'double'.

Incidentally, the competition for promotion is hotting up all the time. Cody McDonald is going to the Gills and Rotherham, Bradford and Chesterfield are all spending to get out of this league. Promotion is not a foregone conclusion. Hang on to your hats.

Ooops my text seems not to have worked, so try again... No such thing as a cakewalk even if we did bank loads of dough from a Big cup Final. Having money does not guarantee a promotion! Anyway our present owners seem to be quite well off to date. Promotion everytime preferable imo.

Promotion for me, as promotion see your club progress in the eyes of the footballing world. Bradford have made a major cup final but if they don't go up, come next August they will still be seen as a league 2 minnow. Whereby come next August we could be regarded as being a level higher maybe held in the same esteem as the likes of Ipswich Town and Sheffield Wednesday.

Promotion sees your club progress cup runs don't... They're short term boosts.

Bradford are maybe a minnow, but Bradford City are definitely not. Probably the biggest team in L2, likely to be promoted through the POs as they have handled KO and SOs well. But are surely on thier way up, as the Vale were after beating Spurs. Exceptional cup runs are remembered for a very long time, they are much rarer than promotions, I have seen lots of promotions with the Vale but only one FA Cup Semi-final, indeed only once to see Vale win a 5th round game. Nobody can choose to have a cup run, it just happens, and luck plays a major part. Promotion can be more easily planned for, especially to have a team capable of staying up.

Winning the cup for me.... your name is on that trophy forever and no one can take away that you won it and it would be the first major trophy

Promotions have happened and will happen again (probably), winning a major trophy for the first time can only happen once so how fantastic to be there when it happens

Total no brainer I wouldn't even swap an FA cup final for promotion to league 1, the thought of another year in this flea pit of a league is depressing, a cup final is one match promotion is a whole season.
No 3rd tier league team has ever played in a FA Cup final, nevermind a 4th tier, it is not one match but 7 wins are required to get there. I would take the final, promotions are far easier, 7 teams do it from L1 and L2 every season, the final has never been done.

How do you know? A few one off games - Bradford have hardly performed a miracle to get there. They have just been seen as a soft touch by Premier league clubs who have come unstuck. It could happen again with a bit of luck.

I'd take a promotion every time because I've never seen one and given the choice of a cup or a season in a higher division I'd go with the latter at the moment....I just hope this is the year I see one.

I will be rooting for Bradford to live the other dream.

How does ' a few' and 'one-offs' go in the same sentence? Sounds like an oxymoron to me! ;)

League cup final for me, the money it has and will generate for Bradford will be massive. Its not just the gate monies and TV monies. There is huge prize money and the extra sponsorship not just this season but for seasons to come that will mean they should be able to assemble a side to at least progress to the championship, i believe they have a manager who can achieve this.No one remembers who went up from league two but everyone will remember a league two side in a major cup final.

Archived