onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale or Bradford

tonyh

Advert

I remember when we won the LDV at Wembley and lost the play-offs a week later. It was my worst ever experience football wise, and promotion would beat a cup final every time for me ...... a Championship would be far greater as well :yes:

Spot on. Likewise it was one of my worst experiences following Vale when they won LDV and then lost out in play offs just after. Promotion every time, we can always dream about FA Cup/League Cup when we are up there with the top clubs a few years from now!!

I remember when we won the LDV at Wembley and lost the play-offs a week later. It was my worst ever experience football wise, and promotion would beat a cup final every time for me ...... a Championship would be far greater as well :yes:

I also remember that mikey. Horrible horrible feeling when we lost the play offs. Yes, we did win the LDV but lets be honest, the euphoria of winning the trophy soon wears off. For me it's got to be promotion. I was there when we last did it and winning the LDV didn't even come close to how I felt when we got promoted.

I'd prefer it if we appeared at Wembley in a major cup final. Not the LDV or Anglo-Italian, but the League Cup Final. It's a million years away from the other minor competitions we have won.

I've never seen the Vale play in a big cup final at Wembley and I'm guessing a cup run like that would be worth over £1 million to the Club. With that kind of money to invest in the team the following season it should be a cakewalk to get promoted.

I've seen a few promotions but never seen the Club in a major cup final at the new Wembley.

I think Bradford will get promoted anyway - and do a 'double'.

Incidentally, the competition for promotion is hotting up all the time. Cody McDonald is going to the Gills and Rotherham, Bradford and Chesterfield are all spending to get out of this league. Promotion is not a foregone conclusion. Hang on to your hats.

Promotions don't 'come and go' at all. Certainly not where your own team are concerned.

Our last Promotion season was in 1994, nearly 20 years ago. I'm sure I'm not the only person of the younger generation of Vale fans yet to see a Vale Promotion in my lifetime.:(

But they will happen again - a League Cup Final appearance won't!

But they will happen again - a League Cup Final appearance won't!

How do you know? A few one off games - Bradford have hardly performed a miracle to get there. They have just been seen as a soft touch by Premier league clubs who have come unstuck. It could happen again with a bit of luck.

I'd take a promotion every time because I've never seen one and given the choice of a cup or a season in a higher division I'd go with the latter at the moment....I just hope this is the year I see one.

I will be rooting for Bradford to live the other dream.

I'd prefer it if we appeared at Wembley in a major cup final. Not the LDV or Anglo-Italian, but the League Cup Final. It's a million years away from the other minor competitions we have won.

I've never seen the Vale play in a big cup final at Wembley and I'm guessing a cup run like that would be worth over £1 million to the Club. With that kind of money to invest in the team the following season it should be a cakewalk to get promoted.

I've seen a few promotions but never seen the Club in a major cup final at the new Wembley.

No such thing as a cakewalk even if we did bank plenty of dosh after a Big Cup Final. Money does not guarantee a promotion! Anyway our present owners are not too badly off it seems so far. Promotion everytime imo.

I think Bradford will get promoted anyway - and do a 'double'.

Incidentally, the competition for promotion is hotting up all the time. Cody McDonald is going to the Gills and Rotherham, Bradford and Chesterfield are all spending to get out of this league. Promotion is not a foregone conclusion. Hang on to your hats.

Archived