onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

york weekender!

panhead

Advert

6 of us going and staying the Saturday night (only 4 going to the game though - 2 are non-footy mates, not even s**t-fans).

Anyone got an idea what our ticket allocation (if, indeed, all-ticket) will be?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/york_city/index.htm

Holds 2000 behind the goal + 300 seats. My guess is it will be pay on the gate, can't see a problem as we won't take that many even if we're up there!

Holds 2000 behind the goal + 300 seats. My guess is it will be pay on the gate, can't see a problem as we won't take that many even if we're up there!

If we're still in a strong position and playing well I can see 2000 making the trip. We took almost 800 to a cold and depressing corner of Kent, so a big following to an interesting location like York is achievable, after all, it's only a 2hr drive in car and the weather should also be on the turn by then. I'd be surprised if this isn't all ticket.

Looks like we could be in for a good following if this thread is anything to go by! 500+? I suppose we haven't been to Bootham Crescent for a good few year? Early 90s I'd hazard a guess at, so will be a new ground for a lot of fans(me included).

Looking forward to it as I had 2 or 3 friends from college go to uni there but never made it up to see them in the 3 years they were there for a night out! Meant to be good!

As has been said York has some good little boozers and is a great oldy worldy city. Did the Jorvik museum last time I was there, there is also the National Railway Museum if your into that sort of thing for a bit of culture!

I wouldn't be surprised if we took at least 1,000 to York, maybe more.

We took 1,200 to Fleetwood for a night match earlier on this season plus 1,000 to Northampton which are far less attractive places/weekends than York is.

Expect a bumper following for Torquay next month too!!:yes:

I think we'll take 2300 comfortably if we are top 2 mate. New ground for many of our age I guess, as well as the added attraction of it being a decent city.

York is lej. Small matter of a weekend in Torquay to worry about first.

6 of us going torquay on coach package.Leave fri cum back sun.2 nights dinner b&b at hotel + 4 free drinks each per night.One of those nights is a 4 course gala dinner with glass wine.U can see floodlights from hotel,went last year same hotel.Total cost £119.Only snag closest pick up point is stockport bus station,but managed to sort out easy enough.If interested let me know and i will post link.

Archived