onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worse placed than last year

Jacko51

Because Stoke isn't exactly 90210 is it!

I think everyone thinks our whole history was during the 90s. That was a high, things have changed since then. The reason I mentioned Bpool being a force in the 50s is that most clubs that have been on the biggest stages for prolonged periods of time return to where they once were. We have never been there. Get over it or support Stoke.

Why would I want to support Stoke, is that the best you can do?

Sorry but what Stoke is like is irrelevant as is what teams like Blackpool were like in the industrial past when their towns were more affluent and probably more densly populated with resident people and when they were big, those days are gone.

I aren't commenting on what Vale were like in the 90s alone either. We were as big or bigger than teams like Blackpool, Cardiff, Swansea, Wigan, Fulham, Bradford, Reading for some parts of the 70's and large parts of the 80,s, 90's, and the last few years. You fail to acknowledge that the reason these small clubs have got to where they are is that people have invested in them and taken them forward so why not Vale?

Advert

You seem to have a massive opinion on selling to Mo. What percentage of the club do you own sailor?

And you seem to have a massive ego and opinion on keeping the present board in place. What percentage of the club do you hold thensailor and what has having an opinion on something got to do with how many shares you hold in it?

You seem to have a massive opinion on selling to Mo. What percentage of the club do you own sailor?

You've just lost any right to have a go at people for making personal digs.

I don't own shares in Vale, I don't have money to waste. I wouldn't buy shares while this board are in charge anyway. If I wanted waste £50 I'd go elsewhere. I am a customer of Port Vale so have a right to air an opinion.

People keep going on about these teams.

Blackpool, massive club in the 50s, provided players for the English national team, won the FA Cup. We never have been as big a club as Blackpool and never will be.

That, my friend, is rubbish. Bury have won the FA Cup twice - does that mean we'll never be as big a club as them? What happened in the 1950s is surely irrelevant now. Are we never going to be as big a club as Wigan despite them only being in the League for 30 odd years??

The fact is that over the last three decades our average attendance (5590) has been bigger than Blackpool's (5346) so why in the name of all that is holy, should we not aspire the the heights they have reached???? Why must we always settled for mediocrity? Why can't we change the mindset of people at the club who think we are only "Little Port Vale" and anything other than administration is a bonus? WHY????

I think they have the ability to take us forward, just not very far forward. League 1 at best I would say.

How would getting us to League 1 be taking us forward? Thats exactly where we were when V2001s reign of terror began.

At best its stagnation, but when you take into account or wage bill is probably less than it was eight years ago, and everything thats happened in between, i'd say it was decline.

I think the fact him and Rico didn't get on had a lot to do with him not being signed up, plus the fact he wanted £2500 a week. Shall we just ignore the wage budget and take a massive gamble on these sort of players? Is that how some of you would run a football club. Missing Rico for a few months is what has cost us, not having Davies didn't matter when we were top did it?

They do get on, Rico went on record this season saying that he talks to Davies regularly.

I wouldn't say the board are doing a good job. I also wouldn't say that they are the devil either as many on here seem to think. I think they have the ability to take us forward, just not very far forward. League 1 at best I would say. I don't think the pressure from Mo and his supporters has helped our season on the pitch at all. I also think that the board could have conducted themselves in a more professional manner with regards to the bids. I can however fully understand why Bratt would not want to sell to Mo given Bratts mining past and Mo's mining past.

Thanks for the reply, I think that gives people a clearer indication as to where you stand.

Unfortunately some of your points ,in my opinion , dont hold too much substance , I would have thought that if they have the ability to take us forward, it would have shone through by now, after all, they have held the decision making power for a number of years now .

I think any pressure off the field has been created by the Board and no one else as this could have been avoided many times over if they had conducted dealings with any prospective investors in a more competent and professional manner . This in turn has had an effect on the whole club not just the playing staff.

Your final comment is unfortunately not worded too well as this insinuates that the decision not to deal with Mr Chaudry is personal and not 'for us all' .

Finally I note you abstained from any comment as to you having confidence in their ability to manage a Company where you had a personal financial involvement .

And you seem to have a massive ego and opinion on keeping the present board in place. What percentage of the club do you hold thensailor and what has having an opinion on something got to do with how many shares you hold in it?

He may not have any but his dad wants to buy a substantial holding but refuses to until this board have gone. (I do have permission to mention this:D)======

People keep going on about these teams.

Blackpool, massive club in the 50s, provided players for the English national team, won the FA Cup. We never have been as big a club as Blackpool and never will be.

Stoke, a team that had a bad 20 years from the mid 80s but now are back where they have been before

Bradford, a team that has been to the premier league, a team that has won the FA Cup and a team that regularly gets 10000 a week in the ground despite playing bottom division football.

Anyone who thinks these teams are comparable to Vale are wrong. Try Crewe, Walsall and teams of that stature. I like the thought of us doing well but some people are on cloud cuckoo land with their ideals of where we should be.

my point was if they can invest and get there we have the potential to do the same.......

but the only potential for vale with Bratt and V2001 is to just survive nothing more mybe blue square Premier heights with there money....

===

I think it was Santa who pointed out that our points total after 42 games is worse than last year's. I looked at last year's league table after 42 and we were only two points off a play off spot then with a much better goal difference than the seventh placed team. I heard Geoff Horsfield on RS saying we were better placed than last year. Glad he's got his finger on the pulse!! :D

Yet some say we are still improving under V2001:rolleyes:

I cant wait to see who they will employ as manager with very little money to play with,oh wait of course it looks like being from within again:rolleyes:

I think the fact him and Rico didn't get on had a lot to do with him not being signed up, plus the fact he wanted £2500 a week. Shall we just ignore the wage budget and take a massive gamble on these sort of players? Is that how some of you would run a football club. Missing Rico for a few months is what has cost us, not having Davies didn't matter when we were top did it?
I spoke to Marc yesterday about this point and he said that he had no problem with Craig and he thinks people got that impression because of the penalty issue at Bury last season

Give it a rest, you're pathetic. First you blame Richards being injured, then you blame the fans! Take a look at the bigger picture. The reason we are worse off now than last season is NOT the fans and NOT Marc Richards. It is down to losing our manager, and the board making a major error in his replacement. That has shown in the diminishing attendances, poor performances and failure to move forward.

The blame rests with the board. Anyone who tries to blame the fans is either stupid or on a wind up. I make no apologies for saying that.

I notice as well that when pointed out the board aren't capable of running a business, you didn't challenge that, instead choosing to have digs at the fans. Says it all.

Unfortunately there is no smiley which signifies standing ovation, so ...

:clap:

Why do ALL threads end up off topic!?.....:D

Did Pratt not recently say we had moved forward on and OFF the pitch? So less points than this time last year? 3 million plus in the red? 13K in the bank as to 410K last year? THIS is 'Moving forward'? My God, HATE to be seeing us going backwards then!?..... :D

Archived